Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Rearrange Tracks inside a Playlist

On my iPod I can manually move my songs around that are in my playlist, but I can't do the same on my phone which is what I mostly use. It would be easier to have that option on all devices.

Updated on 2018-07-11

Hey!

The Spotify Community team here.

We're pleased to confirm that this feature should now be available to all Android users.
We'd recommend double-checking that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Once again, thanks for showing your support here in the Community.
/M
Comments
Borowscy

@hightower00 Thank you for the nice words.

I just released version 1.0.7 that improves the design and allows you to hide empty playlists.

Etk67

Spotify. It is April 2017 and this feature is STILL not available. I have spotify premium but if this basic feature cannot be implemented into the ANDROID app after such a long time, so many updates, and many requests, I will stop paying for spotify. A music and audio service that is not listening. It is so frustrating. Especially because its SUCH A SIMPLE THING TO ADD. 

devadevi

@Borowscy

Hi, when I click the link to the app then Google Play displays page not found error and when I search the new name "Plestle" directly on the phone in Google Play it doesn't find it. Is it just me or did they remove it? Wouldn't surprise me if the retards at Spotify complained.

grbsoft

You are right, I can't find it on Google Play and following the about link for v1.0.7 says "Page not found"

What happened @Borowscy did you change the app name? Was it removed due to complain from losers Spotify?

Borowscy

@devadevi @grbsoft  Google play suspended the app due to me "impersonating" Spotify. I appealed the strike but I doub that they will undo it.

HappyDaysinHell
Oh man, this sucks. It was such a good app too 😞
aramando
@Borowscy Whaaaat?! That is absolutely ridiculous! Did they say which
aspect they consider to be impersonating? Perhaps just removing "for
Spotify" from the Play store title would be enough? On the other hand maybe
it was just some low-level lackey applying the rules too fervently and they
will be overruled on appeal.
Borowscy

@aramando They did not say what broke the rules. The only thing that they actually said was that I needed to resubmit the app under a new name and a new package like it's a new app. The issue with that is that everyones in app purchases would be gone,

HappyDaysinHell
Do you have to use the app store? Could it not be done through Amazon or sideloaded online?
aramando
@Borowscy That's so unfair! So nothing whatsoever in the app name or
package ID that even alludes to Spotify, but they insist you can't use
either any more?! Given that the purpose of the app is solely to make use
of Spotify's *public* API they can't possibly insist that you don't mention
it anywhere in your app description or on-screen messaging, and I still
think it would be crazy to not allow "for Spotify" in the title because
that is a useful description and if anything makes it clear that it is not
Spotify itself. Maybe changing your colour scheme to not mimic Spotify's
would help? I still think this could be the decision of an idiot who may be
overruled by someone more sensible after your appeal, but if you end up
having to use a new package ID I'd happily pay to remove ads all over