Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Add support for Apple Silicon (ARM64 on Mac)

Feature request:

Add support for Apple Silicon in a future Spotify release on Mac OS.

Apple have recently released a new generation of Macs based on their own Apple Silicon. I hope that Spotify will prioritize native support for this new CPU architecture.  If so the best music platform on the Mac, will continue running great natively on the new generation Mac hardware.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶

Comments
EnzoSald

It does not EVEN compare to the non-M1-adapted version of the app. This beta version is so fast compared to the other one that I decided to post here as my appreciation of what you just did. Thank you.

Mihail
Status changed to: Implemented

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for bringing your feedback to the Community Idea Exchange and participating in this Beta test!

Your input has been invaluable and helped us tweak the app to make full use of the new CPU architecture.

We're happy to announce that the app is now out of Beta and can be downloaded from our website. You should automatically get the correct version for your Mac's CPU and all updates will be automatic as well, just the way it was in the past.

This idea is now officially implemented! Thanks once more for all your votes and posts.

Happy listening! 🎶

odi

Great news, thank you🤝

Aaaandre

Can you PLEASE fix the "play notification when song changes" feature?????

jpgoff

Wow! Its taken a year but its highly appreciated and about time! Too bad I already cancelled my premium subscription considering how much y'all have fallen behind Apple Music, and the time it's taking to implement other necessary improvements to your product. Now you can finally get to work figuring out how to remove Joe Rogan from your platform. Good luck!

tommypro

Hey for some reason it keeps saying Spotify is using significant energy even when the process is ended. This started maybe a week ago and the impact it has on my battery life is noticeable. I've reinstalled the m1 version and it's still happening, i don't know if anyone else is having this issue.

RanaLasagna

This is great! I used Linux as my primary OS before macOS and I just wanted to say thanks for having full-featured clients for less common operating systems!

chartz2

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

But still no hi-fi. This is becoming a myth! 

Just one more thing — I seem to have more and more difficulty with the search engine. I know the song is there, but I can’t find it. This happens more than before.

Cheers 

I don't know, why people are so careless to read the title?

This thread is about Apple Silicon support, neither MacOS Icon style nor hi-fi but for some reason people would go on repeating the same stuff.

Please find the relevant thread and comment there otherwise create a new thread!

kovich

Just noticed that macbook is warm. Look at processes at noticed that Spotify helper taking 99% CPU. And Spotify even not opened.