Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discount Family Subscriptions!

Before I made the switch from Rdio to Spotify they (Rdio) came up with a pricing model that allowed families to purchase a slightly discounted subscription.  

$9.99 for single unlimited user

$17.99 for 2 family members (20% discount)

$22.99 for 3 family members (50% discount)

Would love to see a similar pricing model so the rest of the family could get in on the action!

Updated: 2015-04-23

Hey folks! We've introduced Spotify Family. With Premium for Family, you and up to 5 members of the same household can each enjoy their own Premium account. All for one discounted price of $14.99.

Thanks for your kudos in the Community--we want your feedback.

Comments
AndersFunkquist

I just left Spotify for Apple music and waits patiently for Spotify to match Apple´s familydiscount. When doesn´t I have to pay a fortune for 5 family members?

Thanks!

naniira

HI! so , I was wondering, what defines a Family? I mean, my family is all split up living various places, but they are still considered FAMILY, what does spotify define as such? so that we might change to the family deal.. anyone got a clue ? Thanks! - naniira

Ausgate

I'm in the same boat as Anders, I just cancelled my Spotify premium subscription and now using Apple Music.

It's a shame because I much prefer the spotify programs and apps, they are much better though out and easier to sue (not to mention look way better than Apple's poor attempt), but with a family of 6 why would I pay over $50 per month, when I can get Apple Music for $17, and the whole family can listen to their own music.

Come on Spotify...  Get with it or you will lose way more paying customers.

Norma11
I really would like to have a family plan, when is it coming ti Canada??!!
FlowerRipper
If there was an option to upgrade my account to be used on two devices at the same time, I would definitely take advantage of that.
franferparraga

I like the family plan... In Ecuador es ready for set

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD A CURRENT SPOTIFY MEMBER AS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER

topcat-ie

Hi,

I currently use Spotify as a sigle user and wanted to change to include my family.  Initially this was way too pricey but I notice you have reduced the rate so for a family of 5 it is now $30 per month as opposed to €50 per month. However I don't understand why you make it so expensive. If we buy CDs as a familty then the whole family gets to use them so it shouldn't be simply a multiple of the number of people.  I also notice Apple Music is now available for up to 6 in a family for €15 per month which is half the Spotify rate.  Why is Spotify so much more expensive.  I'm planning to move to Apple Music and sign up my whole family but wanted to be sure I'm not missing somethign in my understandign of the Spotify pricing.

Tony 

Fredwavre
Hi, Same as Tony. A 5 belgian family people.
gklaughlin

I've been waiting for Spotify to be competitive on Family Plans for years now and it simply is unwilling or unable to do so.  Unless Spotify can match Google Play Musics $14.95 for a family of six by the end of January or early February 2016, I will be cancelling my family's Spotify account and switching to Google Play.  I hate to have to start again the process of building playlists, etc., but Spotify is simply too expensive compared to the competition.  I've waited long enough.  I won't wait much longer.