Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Normal window behavior

Spoty ignores standard windows window behaviour and this makes it one of the few progrrams i use that just dont seem to want to work along with the standard.

if i drag the spotify to the top of the screen it should maximize like any normal application does.

if i drag a maximized spotify away from the top of the screen it should shrink down to the old size and alow for being dragged around.

windows key + left or right should resize the screen to half the screen and put it in the correct spot,

windows key + up should maximize spotify.

its all standard windows 7 behaviour and should be supported (when you work with 2 monitors like me its very handy if programs just behave correctly)

We're happy to announce that we've implemented this with the latest version of Spotify. Desktop version 0.9.6. is currently in the process of rolling out so be on the lookout for the update. Thanks everyone and keep the ideas coming!
Comments
Dommedagsprofet

Bumping this as well. I actually made a topic about the Windows key functionality before this topic was created: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Make-Spotify-respond-to-Win-Arrow-keyboard-shortcuts/i...

There's not much to add, other than that we need some response! I'd say we're an important part of Spotify's user mass, although we represent a minority. Those who use Windows keys for moving Windows around, probably because they also have two monitors or more, are probably a bit on the "power user" side. We're the ones who talk software to other people, install software for other people and in general spread the word about software.

This is the kind of feature that could suddenly turn my recommandation to Rdio, for example, if they were to have the same library quality as Spotify. This bug, plus the horribly slow and down-prioritized bug and ideas response from the developers, is what makes Spotify actually stand out as an unprofessional piece of software. With the enormous size of the Spotify company, based around this client, this kind of bug simply isn't Spotify's hype worthy!

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented
We're happy to announce that we've implemented this with the latest version of Spotify. Desktop version 0.9.6. is currently in the process of rolling out so be on the lookout for the update. Thanks everyone and keep the ideas coming!

yYeah, thanks !

Mop66

Was about time! Thanks.

henningspot

Awesome, thank you devs.

Legitti

Thanks! Working, and useful feature.

Dommedagsprofet

I searched up this thread just to say thank you! Great! I've been waiting for this for years.

I'm actually starting to like Spotify when it comes to listening to the community.

What I'm happy about:

- Gapless playback

- This

What's remaining:

- Standard play queue behaviour like all other music software

Unfortunately, the biggest problem remains.

myf

There are still some standard window features that are currently missing or forcedly disabled

(Spotify 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea, Windows 10):

ActionContextActual effectStandard effect
Alt + Spacebar Spotify windowDoes nothingOpens Window context menu
(with maximize/minimize/...)
Shift + Right ClickSpotify taskbar itemFocuses WindowOpens "old" taskbar item context menu
(similar to the Window context menu)
Shift + Context Menu KeySelected Spotify taskbar item
(e.g. via Win + T, Arrows)
-''--''-

(I happen to use them quite regurarly, partially because I assigned system Win + Up Arrow and oter window controlling key combinations to other things, so I rely on those "ancient" standard features.)

It seems that some of them are quite common Electron/CEF issues; I wouldn't mind inclusion of some "Window > Maximize, Minimize, ..." menu entry to the  "Alt" menu to circumvent that.