Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Add an app widget for iOS 14

Update 10/14: Spotify just implemented widgets in their latest version! Thanks to developers and to the community for your upvotes 🙂
Now Spotify if you see this, please add time-synced lyrics functionality worldwide!

Make a good looking widget with for example recently played titles, media controls or most listened to playlists, that would be nice for the iOS 14 release

Example here with Apple Music widgets:

This second image is from Max McKinney on YouTube, you can check his concept video for ideas:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsEPEfEnXHk

Updated on 2020-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

The Spotify widget should be now available on iOS devices running iOS 14.0

Cheers!

Comments
tombankson

Yes, this would be such a good idea!

ghostlysounds

i came across this mockup video. this is exactly what is needed!

NickiMinaj0

Please bring back the option to remove your recently played, I wanted to play Moana, and I alone entered “moan” and some disturbing topics popped up. I accidentally clicked on one and I desperately tried to remove it. I just ask that you bring this option back just in case a mishap may happen.

jaketurtlez

I couldn’t agree more. A home screen widget would be great! 

SoundShots

Nice idea! I'd love to have this feature.

Heythatsme

I think it's a good idea, because you see in your home screen what song you're playing.

Peter
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updated on 2020-08-20

Hey everyone!

We appreciate you bringing us continual feedback.

We also think this is a great idea and we're looking into it further.

We've changed this idea to 'Under Consideration' and we'll post here if we have an update.

Thanks!

So let me understand this, IOS has been around since what January 2007 and getting a music widget for the IOS platform is a "new idea".  Really? An IOS widget for cross platform, what a novel idea.  Why bother.  Spotify is going to do what it has always done in the past and what it will do in the future.  Do whatever it wants so if we on IOS get one that would be great but if not, meh so what, forget them.  Sheesh

emilc89

Any news regarding this?

SantiDope

Yeah i just updated to iOS 14 and no spotify widget.