Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ads] Ads Filter

I know we can't pick and choose what ads to see, but at least for a teensy bit of decency (especially for people listening to spotify in a professional work environment) can we not have half naked Victoria's Secret super sexy models?

Personally, I could care less about ads. And in fact, I am a woman who shops at Victoria's Secret. Still- I just had an awkward moment with some coworkers AND my boss. I'd like very much for that not to happen again. In the very least, how about an image that isn't half the size of the window? 

I know no one's going to agree, and believe me, I'd be the last person to complain about spotify (it's awesome). But seriously, it's a bit much.

Thanks.

Updated on 2020-12-07

Hi everyone,

Thank you for adding your votes and comments to this idea, we appreciate your patience.

We're just checking in, to confirm we're keeping this set to 'good idea'.

We are working on making ads more personalized, to create better experiences for our users.

Rest assured we're continuing to bring your feedback to the right teams here too.

Comments
simonjdaniel

And that you shut down the last complaint specifically about gambling ads, referring it to this idea which does not mention gambling ads is a worthy news story.  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/No-Gambling-ads/idi-p/3296568

luchiaWK

Completely agree. I've been receiving horror movie adverts. Not only am I am NOT a horror movie fan whatsoever, my 2 year old sometimes hears the ads and could possibly see the adds if I leave the room to attend to their younger sibling. Even if we just have the ability to refuse adverts that have explicit content (eg. violent and suggestive content like Victoria Secret adverts, or a KIDS SAFE mode so all advert content is G rated) that would be great.   

SLC63

Spotify listeners... I do not have the time for this but the repeated same ads, repeated like 3 times or more one after another), and now after EVERY song; well this issue has finally broke me and is driving me seriously insane and I now suggest to all listeners to turn off and delete Spotify and choose another music listening app! This has gotten way out of control and is extremely abnormal. I left Youtube because of the excessive ads and that annoying pause issue they have in their app and it is not so bad anymore comparing it to this extremely annoying and maddening new issue Spotify has incorporated... after this message here... I am done with Spotify and I would like to encourage all others to do the same until they have disappeared or changed their ways!

jboyd013

I wanted to complain about profanity in ads. I recently got an add for some Reggaeton podcast that used "sh*ty". Please add some kind of filter. It is also jarring to hear hard rock ads in the middle of my celtic folk play list and things like that. It would also be nice to reduce ads about alcohol and things like that. I saw a recommendation to change my birth year so Spotify thinks I am under 18, but there should be other options. 

yougotiger

YES! Can I PLEASE stop having to listen to ads (over and over and over) for music that I HATE. You have my listening preferences already, can you not filter OUT stuff that seems I wouldn't like it?

Mrbs___

Horror Podcast ads are really irrelevant for me

kmburkezoo

There are many reasons we might want to opt out of specific ads. As someone recently dumped, I would really really love not to have listen to ads for engagement rings. If I have no way to avoid distressing material, why would I use Spotify rather than Youtube?

pnwc84n02qurzjnuisl

Can we have an option to block the blood sucking betting companies, you cant go anywhere without seeing these gambling scammers. I mean they advertise gamble your way and when the fun stops stop, this is absolute **bleep**. I dont mind most adverts but these are vile, next we will have phone scammers advertising on here.

Lostcowboy

Suggestion: add a way to designate a Spotify app/software as at, Work/Home/Auto/Phone. This could affect what types of ads are played.

mysteriousleigh

Spotify. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. I'm in a really bad place emotionally right now and the last thing I need is ads for Bumble. Stop it.