Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Block / disallow suggestions for certain content

The last 8 times I've opened Spotify I've been greeted by a big waiting Bible podcast recommendation sat there. I get the hint Spotify, but stop. It was cool the first time. It was boring the second. And it is in fact so annoying by the 8th time that I have to write this post to ask for this feature to be implemented.

I hope it's been made clear: I don't want to listen to the bible, much less on Spotify, and there is no way within the app to ask it to stop recommending me this, honestly, outrageously offensive content. I would very much appreciate this feature, thanks in advance. I'm sure the bible people would appreciate such a feature as well!

Updated on 2023-08-22

Hey there folks,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
peepsmuse

peepsmuse_0-1703194387049.png

In particular I kind of hate seeing this every time I log in and would love the ability to block this and other misinformation podcast.

Thiagoalbino

If I see Joe Rogan on my suggestion again I'm changing to Deezer or something. I'm paying to listen to things I want to hear not trash like his stupid podcast. 

Ich habe einmal in einen furchtbaren Podcast reingehört und bekommen den jetzt die ganze Zeit wieder angezeigt und wenn neue Folgen rauskommen das ist derartig nervig dass ich echt am überlegen bin die App wieder zu deinstallieren... Wofür hat man den Premium wenn man nicht mal verhindern kann dass man gewisse Inhalte ständig angezeigt bekommt das ist einfach so widerwärtig nervend
noopial

Being able to block and/or dislike podcasts would be incredibly nice, especially for paying $10/mo. I get recommendations for podcasts that are, quite frankly, offensive and sexist; mind you I'm an avid serial killer-type listener, certainly no prude. As of now, I cannot block the podcast or the creator. However, I can block musical artists... which is odd that I can't block podcasts. Being able to customize would be greatly beneficial. It feels pointless to pay for something that isn't being used to its full potential.

4o4error

vote with your wallets! leave spotify or get some cheap ass accounts via vpn! like egypt for 50cents a month

they always mark it as idea but it will never be realised

DryRun

When Joe Rogan is off my home screen, I will come back to Spotify. Hello Tidal, goodbye Spotify.

j-e

that the reason i'm not listening to podcast on Spotify as it keeps recommanding offensive podcast.

they should be a way to hide this section to  avoid a bad customer experience.

CJWhitman

I will NEVER click on a country song or Joe **bleep**ing Rogaine so what does Spooderfy recommend to me?? Cuntry and Joe, top of the page, every day. Why is it so hard to allow users to curate their home page? You need to hire back all the good people you guys cut loose and get**bleep** straight before someone else starts eating your lunch.

CJWhitman

Spotify, pay attention, no one wants Joe's ugly orange **bleep**ing face on their home page. It's embarrassing if someone walks by when that's on your desktop, and then they think you're a **bleep**ing **bleep**.

jbarone312

Like everyone else in this thread, I'm also here to kindly ask that Joe Rogan disappear from my app. Please let me do this. Thank you.