Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Changelog after each Update (In-App)

With each new update, no matter what gets added or taken away, there is a curious lack of accountability from the actual staff, and the (paying) userbase are left confused.

Why can we not drag from iTunes into our playlists anymore? Why can we not order our playlist columns as we see fit?

So a detailed, easily accessible, log after each update would sort this. In this log should be a list of all the changes made with each update, and with the reasons why the changes were made. This is most important.

We pay for this service. Why should we be left utterly confused with each update? We're left to scurry over to this forum, where your lackeys (who actually aren't on the development team) have no choice but to say 'I don't know' to each question, and with each request to implement back a feature in the Ideas section, the only response is 'This is not a priority'.

What's wrong with some honesty, eh?

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange with your feedback.

We're keeping this status as 'Not Right Now' for the time being.

Right now, we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update. For news about updates we've made, please keep an eye here on the Idea Exchange as well as on our News Blog

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll check back in here if we have any other info.

Thanks.

Comments

It's really frustrating to wait for every new release of your favorite music app and then just see "Stability bla performance bla improvements". Feels disrespectful.

We know it's tough, but come on Spotify, you can do it. We believe in you.

data_error

A complete lack of change logs or update notes for this application coupled with generic, form-letter-like responses from moderators/representatives in these Idea forums are all very clear signals of an unwillingness to communicate with users on Spotify's end, and is the key factor currently pushing me toward cancelling my subscription.

DragoCubed

still shady af

Wilwa

Please, start to provide changelogs - how else are we supposed to know what's been added/removed? 

_kf-gqad920wf

This practice is sketchy as **bleep** and reeks of information mining and developer malpractice at-worst.  At-best, it signals incompetence and inconsistency as well as challenging customer confidence in good-faith development.

Telling users to apply for beta versions is a dodge that in no way addresses customer interest in your product's development.  Your staff's obstinate opacity in these responses does not indicate that beta versions of Spotify will include any more information than live releases. 

Why should we believe you?  The suggestion that we apply for beta-testing is not a solution, it is a distraction.

Just the other day, I have read a changelog on the Play store for another app reading approximately like this:

"With the update today, we start shipping feature X and feature Y as well as bug fixes for issues A and B. Stay tuned as the updates will reach you in the next days."

Is there a problem with saying something like this?! No? Yeah, then please start doing that.

Melody
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange with your feedback.

We're keeping this status as 'Not Right Now' for the time being.

Right now, we don't have plans to implement a detailed change log with both changes and reasoning behind it for every app update. For news about updates we've made, please keep an eye here on the Idea Exchange as well as on our News Blog

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll check back in here if we have any other info.

Thanks.

tnge_drtbg

...and you're still not telling us the REASON WHY you don't have "plans" to put some text in the app store. Just tell us why not and people would probably not constantly complain so much. 

angelx644

I don't know why the spotify team thinks it is acceptable to push out new updates regularly with no mention of what is in them. No one should be forced to read a thread from 2 years ago to see if issues are being addressed. 

its makes app stupid,

i'm leaving