Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Xbox] Cross-device Volume Control - Xbox via Connect

Hello 

Unfortunately, the volume can no longer be changed via PC or smartphone on Xbox when the Spotify client is running on Xbox. However, this function still existed until last week. Have you permanently removed them or will they come back with the next updates? Unfortunately, the missing feature takes a little bit of the option to use the Xbox as a media center. 

Lg

Marcel

Updated on 2021-06-30

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that volume control via Connect is now available on Xbox. This feature is now accessible with version 2.22.9.70 for Spotify on Xbox, so make sure to check for updates. 

If afterwards there're any issues, we recommend a reinstall of the app on both the Xbox and the controlling device.

Once again, thanks for all the votes and helping make this a reality!

Comments
Mario
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-10-05

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

zunexboxgroove

Why was this ever removed?  Spotify is ~30% louder than all other apps on my XBox so without Connect volume control I have to walk across the whole apartment to adjust it.  

Also if you want the "necessary number of votes" to not delete features at random, check out the Reddit threads that came up when I ran this search thinking my app was bugged: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=spotify+xbox+volume+control&ia=web

RaikouWolf

This was a feature until two weeks ago, we had another thread to report the issue but have now been told to make a new thread on ideas..

Have to say I'm really disappointed that this has become such an issue 

I've been a premium user for about 6 years. I'm an Xbox user... am I a second class citizen? The Android app has been getting worse and buggier, are we Android users second class citizens? This will probably be my last month as a premium user with the way things are going. I'm fed up.

Backhand123

Yes let's jump through EVEN MORE HOOPS just to get a feature reimplemented that should've never been removed in the first place?

Reach a certain number of votes?! Do you not see the various forums of people complaining?! Look:

https://amp.reddit.com/r/galaxybuds/comments/ixcpu1/cant_control_spotify_volume_with_physical_button...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Can-t-control-volume-on-Xbox-via-Conn...

This is ridiculous. I don't even care if you fix it at this point. I'm already been cancelled my subscription for the blatant incompetence.

Spotify: "We took it out, now we'll wait a week for you all to get tuckered out and then tell you you're not complaining in the right place. You need to complain HERE".

Congrats for making support sections feel like a trip to the DMV. Is this the green form im supposed to fill out? Or is it the blue one? Am I really in the right place now or are you gonna tell me there's another place I gotta submit a request at?

Red_Prez16

Okay. I have an honest question. How many votes is the “necessary amount of votes?” It could be ten million for all we know. 

RaikouWolf

Well if this goes anything like the last thread we'll get an insulting response along the lines of "this is the intended function" and "please start a new thread for this in ideas because after two weeks of looking into the issue we just don't care" 

KrazyCrayon

I use this feature when im on my xbox, i like to control my volume from the PC app. Please bring it back!

The_Gsxr

It really sucks not having the ability to control my volume from mobile. Please bring this feature back.

OMNISTRATA

I assume there was a reason for removing this functionality. Can someone at Spotify explain why this feature was removed? May also help the rest of us understand the rationale.