Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-07-18

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

ajsimps123

I agree that this could make the app much more user-based. It would be better if you could designate a certain playlist or artist to open up when you first enter the app. 

cgreive

Agree, I also really don't enjoy seeing some trendy new moody looking 'cool' groups/individuals there when I start up spotify. It's like I'm visiting a news site or something. It should be relaxing to open this app, not be confronted with 'the latest' like everywhere else on the internet.

Just give me some options to play things I've played recently or my daily mixes. Put the current stuff in another tab. Make this app a safe haven from 'the latest'. It's anxiety inducing otherwise

ParentalControl

I feel the ability to chose default page is great. Such as when you open the app on iOS or desktop player to open to your library page as default or at least where you left off (Apple music and google music already do this already).

The reason for this I notice a lot the home page recommendations tend to be at times totally random and certain categories of the home page I would even like to disable (ie home page: trending/new releases). I see that home page will even recommend artists that are quite visually graphic/explicit in content with album covers. Thus a feature such as choosing default page would be preferred.

vuorinenvesa

This is such a simple and actionable idea! I would really like to have the ability to choose the tiles on the Home screen.

Now this is done automatically by Spotify. ('Your heavy rotation', 'Recently played' etc.)

Why can't you implement tiles/shortcuts that the user can define? (In addition to what already is there automatically.)

vuorinenvesa

@cgreive wrote:

Agree, I also really don't enjoy seeing some trendy new moody looking 'cool' groups/individuals there when I start up spotify. It's like I'm visiting a news site or something. It should be relaxing to open this app, not be confronted with 'the latest' like everywhere else on the internet.

-> Exactly! I pay for the app so please make it fit my preferences. Not someone elses.

acrookedsmile

When using Spotify at work, it is inappropriate to get a screenful of scantily clad pop princesses as the start page. It would be much better to get the "Recently Played" page as an option to be the start screen.

Please implement this feature.

Almaenpaz

Hello everyone:

I totally support this idea.

Why should I be forced -in a payed app- to see advertisement based on the "music taste" of people that actually doesn´t know what real music is.

I got reggaeton recommendatios all over the place, because a lot of headless chickens around my home listen to that!

Mmm...

You can do it, I believe in you 😉

FlavioCardoso

hey! I'm about to cancel my account! I don't wanna see **bleep** in my apps...

MichaelMcCammon

Would love a custom home page.  So much 'junk' that I'd never click on, much less listen to. Get rid of the music that has no connection to any of my listening habits. Also, remove all political-slanted lists. I don't want to see what the folks of Spotify think of an issue - end it.

Thanks for the consideration.