Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
mbwbox

Absolutely ridiculous that they're shoving political garbage in subscribers' faces.

DevilEars

This is a great idea and perhaps it would solve the issue to most of us who complained about Spotify pushing political claptrap leaving us with no way to flag or remove their 'In Solidarity' nonsense.

DevilEars

Steps I've taken so far and recommend:

1. Cancel my Premium subscription, citing the BLM In Solidarity claptrap as the reason
  2. Tweet and push on social media the message below to create true awareness 
  3. Vote for this Customize Start Screen idea - great idea
  4. I want to make it abundantly clear that I want the option to remove undesirable content such as political and other offensive material from my start screen. Spotify is a music streaming service. If you want to get woke, you can go broke like the rest of the pigs.

Hi @Spotify, as far as I know, I PAY for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing. Please don't shove your political agenda down my throat. #myspotifymychoice #backoffwithpolitics

SWLife

Would like this! Or at least remove poorly considered political **bleep** such as BLM from the home screen.

DevilEars

It appears as if someone at Spotify came to their senses and realised that political content seriously divides people. Who would have thought? I still think the custom start screen is an excellent idea and would result in value add. I am holding my breath for now, but if the political content is a thing of the past, I would gladly subscribe as a Premium member again.

Humanmode

Hi @Spotify, I love paying for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing.  But it works because it doesn't include material irrelevant to me or chosen by your company interests. By all means express your corporate values in your marketing, but not in the personalized paid app.

H_Jay

Good idea. So we can choose what we want and don't see Spotify's political views anymore.

Gyncognito

This is needed so that I can remove political and racist content promoted by Spotify.  

papked

I agree! Please keep politics out of my playlists, Spotify. This is a paid service – and I'm not paying to be lectured. 

CrazyHickinNH

I'm only posting this because some roc...cough...star just closed another idea that s/he considers a "duplicate" to this one. Pfft.

Speaking of ideas, I have one I'd like to put out (t)here...

For all the Spotify employees working ever so diligently to accept, embrace and deploy the very changes we, the subscribers, post to this community, as well as the (too) many (ahem) stars policing it, fulfilling their minimal requirements just to maintain simpleton "perks" and "freebies" (dangled in front of them by said Spotify employees).

...How about we stop this nonsense regarding what's considered a NEW idea. I mean, this one was posted by DK411 back in July 2018. And it's a rehash of an idea posted from 1.5 years prior to that...closed due to being inactive. Huh. Wait, what? I guess it wasn't important then and, from the looks of things, it ain't important now.

Now, I'm no brain scientist or rocket surgeon, but been around this planet a mighty long time and while I can't tell you what constitutes being new, I can tell you this...anything regarding technology that is 2 years old is exactly that...O...L...D (period).

But hey, listen...who am I to judge, right? It's not like Spotify isn't working insanely hard to fill the soon-to-be gap left by satellite radio and signing "personalities" to the platform (translation: increased subscription fees). In the end, the powerhouse that is AMZ wins...which, by all indications, will soon be renamed EVERYTHING (within the next 5-10 years?) and services, like Spotify, will be like satellite and go spotibye!