Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
SectorSS69

I still get suggestions from artist I have said that I'm not interested in hearing. A block feature would be easy. Sometimes the only suggestion that I get for days is an artist I have set to not play. That makes no sense 

bengalaxy

I just came back to say eff off Spotify and goodbye. I transferred all my podcasts to Apple Podcasts yesterday. Spotify is a garbage company that pays its artists garbage but is fine shoving hundreds of millions of dollars down a sh%tty podcaster's throat. And it doesn't even make the effort to *pretend* to care about what its customers want. Screw off Spotify. You suck. Your product sucks. Your leadership sucks. Your UI sucks. Your home screen sucks.

-1 Spotify user

curryrice

Literally don't wanna see it, add a "don't show" option or simply don't put it on the front of the feed, fkn g3nocide supporting bs

jp799

I think it would be nice I people could decide what they would like to see suggested on their home screen.  I do not like podcasts and I wish I could eliminate them from my home screen and have more music reflected and suggested.  I would like a modicum of control over what is on my home screen.

Sylvinho

Poder remover ou editar a aba Home, excluindo álbuns indesejados dando, mais liberdade aos usuários para personalizar

JeffThomas3

Get podcasts off my damn home screen. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEM!!

ElOjcar

I don't want to see any automatic playlist nor any suggestion for new artists.

I want to see the lists that I use more often.

Remove noise.

Make the app useful again.

adamrook07

there should be more view settings to customize homescreen i don't want to see joe rogan recommended every time or other podcasts for that matter

Lampshade95

Now they’re putting the Smart Shuffle first instead of it going to shuffle THEN smart shuffle. This has got to be on purpose. I wouldn’t doubt it. Why else would it be fine then not fine after so long of it being shuffle or off or now, shuffle then smart shuffle THEN off and now they just decided

okay yeah this’ll be funny

Smart Shuffle

Regular Shuffle

Off

with the added bonus of repeat STILL coming on.

Might as well add in all the AI and “smart” stuff in this as well.

So much. So unnecessary. 
The app was better back in 2016. Why has there been more than 20 steps back to the point it’s not even seeming to be about music anymore? Sadify.