Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
lordmajesticles

Let me turn off Podcast Recommendations and remove it from my home screen.

Let me turn off Podcast Recommendations and remove it from my home screen!

Let me turn off Podcast Recommendations and remove it from my home screen!!

I don't know how many people need to say it and how many times for you to listen. Let me turn off Podcast Recommendations and remove it from my home screen! Its very annoying to look at "recommendations" which are actually just ads for random podcasts that I have no interest in. I pay you money to not have to listen to ads and now you go ahead and add ads back to my home screen. 

I dont' use Spotify to listen to podcasts and I wont in the future. 

entrari

we need this. Some of the first page recommendations**bleep**

btwalsh

piling on here – Podcasts are a very different audio product from Music, so Spotify should respect people's desire to not get prodded with them.

People either don't listen to podcasts or have another way they prefer to listen to them. People pay Spotify for music, so is a toggle that you have to opt out of too much to ask for? Bury it as much as you want, we will find it. 

amontes

I'm so tired of see fox news podcasts recommendations, I would be a much happier user if I could stop seeing them (and other podcasts I have no intention of listening to) 

ThEEqualizer93

Devs , I beg you Please give us an option to remove the recommended podcasts , playlists , mixes and songs from the daily mixes or playlists " custom made for us" by you which we do not like , I am sick and tired of your random and meaningless recommendations which have no connection to my recent searches . I think your reccomendation algorithm is highly innaccurate and I am surprised how spotify being such a leader in music streaming industry does not have the option to remove the things which its user doesn't like . I mean youtube has one , why can't spotify ?

Jehu557

Yes yes yes. Actually, can't see a reason why NOT to make the home page customizable.

Never listened to any podcast, and still the home page is full of podcast recommendations...

(Then again, this would require that the deleted entries actually are deleted. Not like the unwanted 3rd class hip-hop artists which are marked as 'Not liked' every week in Release Radar, but keep popping up to the playlist again week after week. Out of topic, but too annoying not to be mentioned here also)

I pay, I choose - that's how it should be.

giro1

I hate that podcasts I've listened to ONCE are constantly shown as "your shows" on my home page. We should be able to customize our home page.

Screenshot_20210827-063220_Spotify.png

Really?! "Get Creative: ASMR with Amouranth" Come on, this makes me tired! Please let me remove/hide such trash, this is not my kind of entertainment.

Friggs

Another vote from me, I HATE these podcast recommendations as well as the regional music hits rubbish. And I'm also getting this absolute auditory garbage 'ASMR with Amouranth' nonsense!!!

As MANY others have said, we PAY for this product/service so should be able to choose and not have all these ridiculous recommendations forced on us!

Magnvs

Well, guys and girls, I just read this article  that mentions simplifying making subscription only podcasts, so I think we can safely say why our request will be ignored for the foreseeable future. May I suggest looking up playlist transfer services, as there are several apps on both platforms that will move your playlists automatically to your chosen service. Myself, I have gone with Amazon Music, which has desktop app with a quite similar interface to Spotify, sans podcasts.

Oh, and higher bitrate.