Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

This is not a new idea, but I haven't found any practical reply to it, so I think it needs to be repeated. I completely agree with Rennestein (screen capture below), we need to stop seeing irrelevant suggestions because it is annoying. Why can't it be possible to decide what we first see when we open Spotify on any device? (playlists, recently played, artists we're following, etc), and enjoy better our Spotify experience?
Please Spotify, let us have the home screen as we'd like. :)) Thank you!
SPOTIFY customize screen.JPG

Updated on 2023-02-23

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Update from the 23rd of Feb 2023:

A new feature was recently introduced in the mobile app which you may find interesting as it allows users to remove content recommendations from the subfeeds (Music and Podcasts & Shows) of their Home screen, thus expanding upon the current customization options and offering a improved, more personalized experience. You can find more info about it in the Status update here.

Thanks.
Comments
pbert

The need for this is increasing each day that this request is ignored. I don't want to see "Celebrities interviewing celebrities" as the first (and indeed only) full row of suggestions on the home page. Please let us hide/move this garbage.

CrazyHickinNH

Ah, the world we live in...it's all about $$$, folks. And no, it doesn't matter whether or not you're on Spotify free or a paying customer. You can keep commenting (or complaining), but the asshats at Spotify couldn't have made it oh so clear they couldn't care less about what you want. Really? Really. It's a public company, so if you really want to get in front of the people who care, talk to the investors. Until then, you'll continue to experience new nuisances such as this. How do you talk to the investors? You can't directly, unfortunately. But what you can do is cancel your subscription (if one exists) and sign off. I would never say "forever", but for however long it takes for your voices to be heard. If even only 10% of Spotitfy'ers canceled their subscription (it's easy, way easier than losing weight, passing the driver's exam, getting vaccinated or talking to your significant other about the lackluster bedroom scene) and another 15% of the free Spotify'ers signed off for 3 months (easier than the subscribers canceling), holy <insert bad word here>, the investors will hear you loud and clear. Until then, it's the investors (most of which do not use Spotify) wanting (err, demanding) a return on their investment and the nitwits running Spotify foolishly thinking they'll make such gains by signing exclusive rights to the Joe Rogan and Call Her Daddy podcasts of the world and litter the home screen with garbage they hope/pray you'll click on. What's next? So glad you asked. How about a twist on America's Got Talent, American Idol and whatever the heck that show is where Kelly Clarkson and Qwen Stefani push each others buttons? Spotify's Got Idol Talent meets The Bachelor/ette. Can you imagine Spotify "originals" in the form of music (i.e., singers, groups and bands), entertainment and music entertainment? Yep, it'll happen...only a matter of time. And guess who gets to deal (paying for it with subscriptions and cluttered home screens) with even more uncustomizable nonsense? Here's a couple hints. It's a 3-letter word and it begins with Y and ends with U. Enjoy.

@Magnvs: Thank you for the link to the article, it was a interesting read.

@CrazyHickinNH: I guess you're right, maybe it is time to take a break from Spotify. I currently try out a

competitor starting with "T", i'll see how it goes.

Update: Will stay with the cloud of sounds, best experience for me. Cheers Spotify, thank you for the good times.
kekwxo

I don't think we should have to create a community vote to get rid of soft core p[o]rn from a product I have paid for for 10 years. Are you serious? This is not about customizing a dashboard, its about you shoving p[o]rn down peoples throats. Its like getting a soft core p[o]rn sticker on your car, and your car manufacturer suggests a community poll to get rid of it. 

This is not how this should work. Just get rid of it. Do you think I want to lend my phone to my 4 year old niece now? You're basically a freaking p[o]rn site now. Get your s[h]it] together.

And yes, I'm talking about explicit material streamers on another platform making podcasts on Spotify as of 2021.

Holllyroberts

It’s been over two years since this idea was posted and it still isn’t necessarily being considered? 

I reached this via a thread discussing how you cannot block podcasts - I think if you’re paying for a service the ability to customise your Home Screen should be provided. 

sterymixer

Any update on this? My homescreen is still cluttered with annoying podcasts (ASMR with Amourath? wth? get this total garbage out of my home page) I don't care about and I am unable to do anything about this!

Javtor

If i hear a podcast and i dislike it... it keeps showing as sugested every time i open the app (desktop or mobile). It understands as a pending podcast instead of i dislike it.

I need to "archive" a podcast, dont want to mark as heared because i didnt. it is very annoying because fill main page space.

starfruitman

On the Mac app, there is a huge section called Your Shows, which contains old podcasts which had a limited amount of shows and are complete.  There's nothing more to listen to.  But this dumb Your Shows section puts it in my face every day, for months even.

I want to edit my HOME page and section.  It's completely useless to me as currently designed.

michielklonhamm

Let us remove Recently played tiles from the home! It's really irritating that you are forced to visually share everything you played with other at work or with kids. 

JBM_NY

Add Feature Button To Remove Jump Back In List Or Add Reset Button To Clear All To Default That`s Irritating Option On Main Screen and Its Not Update Always Stay At When We Search Song First Time