Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Show the queue length

It would be nice to have a running sum of the length of all songs in your queue. Updates as each song gets played and removed.

Updated on 2023-03-31

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
isabeila

When you add songs to your queue, it should add up all the times of each song and give an added total of how long it will take for all the songs to play.

claire2020

I think it would be a great idea to be able to see the length of the queue. For example, if you have 5 songs queued, having Spotify show there are "17:40 minutes" of songs queued!

testtesttest88

I agree!

Very simple: A timer that tells you how long the songs in your queue will play for. For instance, you have 3 songs in your queue: the first, is 3:21, the second 4:55, and the third 2:28. You'd look in your queue and it would tell you that your queue will play for 10 minutes and 41 seconds. (If I did my math correctly.)

Often, I have an hour or so where I need to do cleaning or tasks around the house, and I want to put together a queue that will play for whatever time I have allotted for what I need to do. This tool would enable me, and anyone else, to see how long the songs in their queue will play for and to time out their day accordingly. At least having the option to see how long your queue will play for would be grand. Thank you. 

mphoa

I like this idea.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-02-18

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

greeenviolin

This is a great idea! I hope Spotify adds this simple feature someday soon!

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-09-18

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

qthng

this is such an easy, simple and nice addition, I really wish Spotify add this feature ! Simple things like these allow you to compete with Apple Music ! Make use of your communities’ idea !!!!!!!!! Literally feedback from your users !!!!! Also now that I typed this much, take a look at lyrics inclusion with downloaded songs too, thank you !!!!

CharB

For the queue there could be an icon saying how long the queue is, for if people want a queue of a certain length.