Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
Djmimo77

This really seems like Spotify doesn't want to stay a pioneer in music streaming industry. Such potential, shame.

djalyabji

Upvote

Batdnator

Isn't it about time that Spotify premium membership users had 360 reality audio support a content creation was allowed to offer 360RA? I'm using Spotify on Android & Windows, it's about time this was introduced. You need to remain relevant if your not going to be replaced, I'm giving you 2 months before I switch services. 

wittzi

I honestly can't stay wedded to Spotify if support for this isn't implemented.  Deezer has it already and I've already flirted with them due to my old car supporting Deezer natively.  This is two years old and no implementation, so I suspect I'll have to move service ... again.  😞

lgabrielli

We need this support ASAP. Thanks Spotify.

Adgalo

This needs to be implemented... I'd like to keep my subscription to Spotify, but Tidal or Deezer offer this function, so...

mjordan79

Listening to ASMRs files on Deezer HiFI with 360  Reality Audio enabled on Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones and the sound is incredible. Pity Spotify doesn't support this stuff in 2021...

Please make available in 360 audio to Spotify. I will pay extra for it. The mind blowing next level sounds will be your competitive advantage for sure.

sokoma

Please make this available... It is a pity to miss it

Sounds_gud

Hmmm.... almost two years and 3,800 votes later but still "nothing to share", not even acknowledging the interest in this capability.  The challenge isn't becoming a leading service, it's continuing to be one and the lack of any follow up is discouraging, except for the services that do support 360 Reality.