Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Other] Sony's 360 Reality Audio

Hello Friends,

i am using Spotify Premium since years. At the Moment i am missing some features like HD Streaming or Sony's new 360 Reality Audio.

Especially Reality Audio is truly a real gain and even more useful than HD Streaming. The 3D sound is literally phenomenal good and also Sportify should gradually deal with newer technologies.

Is this topic already planned? If it does not come, please tell it so your users can make a decision.

Updated on 2020-01-10

Hey folks, Spotify staff here.

We wanted to post an update as this idea has reached over 500 votes from our users.

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.
We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance.

Our blog is the best place to keep an eye out for any possible news or partnership updates.
Thanks for continuing to share your ideas and give us feedback in our Idea Exchange.

Comments
joeat347

Im looking forward for this 360 reality sound for my sony headphone

Fordy75

Hi Spotify I've just got some great Sony headphones for Xmas and listened to a sample of their 360 audio which is really incredible. I was disappointed to see that 360 is only provided by a couple of other providers, not Spotify, and from the blog (from what I can see) there's not been an update on this for a year. We have a premium family account. Can you advise whether or when this will become available please?

Keelindor

I really hope you'll start supporting Sony's 360 audio reality

GuAlexItar

Update to my lossless audio comment - in October, I tried a 3 month trial of tidal, after 2 weeks, I cancelled my spotify subscription, and will not be looking back unless spotify makes some major changes.  If anyone from spotify reads this, you just lost yet another customer who was willing to spend more for a better service that wouldn't cost you much to implement.  It's time you adapt to the times, or become irrelevant line myspace or vine.

giugliano

Dear Spotify Team 

In addition to my previous post be aware that world is changing and live with music is much better now than before covid... this topic is important to enjoy quality life and music is part of the experience! Adding Spotify to Sony 360 is a must and if you do not believe it download the app and enjoy this 360 experience even without a Sony headphones!!! Here the link and please do not cancel it!

https://square.sony.com/ces2021/360RA           

so now move on and add Spotify a 360sound experience upgrade!

Thx, Paolo

stygg_sylt

I think this would be something special. Spotify, aren’t you a little bit slow now? 

P05TPWND

It's been a year with substantial support. I think if Spotify doesn't announce something soon, I'll switch to a service that already implements it.

VelvetSmoothie

We need the Sony 360. There's no rational reason for Spotify to let their competition exclusively have this feature. The 360 Reality Audio (and flac format) is the future of audio streaming. I'd be willing to pay for such premium features.

Unfortunately Spotify has such poor customer service, they haven't addressed this "new" idea in over a year even after +3k upvotes. Perhaps I should change my service provider. 

Tim_Schmelter

So since  2019 this "idea" is known and they know that thousands of customers are waiting for Spotify to include it. But obviously they are not able to do it since they have too much work and too little staff. So time to search a new, better music provider.

Hello.

When will it be available?