Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add Podcasts from RSS URL, for Patreon and other Private Private Streams

There have been a few similar posts, and the most recent one was ~5 votes from passing, so I'm going to try submitting this again.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you could add a podcast to your feed from an RSS URL? Did you sign up for a patreon and not know how to listen to your special new feed?

This request is to add the ability to add a podcast from an RSS feed. This opens a lot of doors, and theoretically isn't that difficult to implement.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
robinwill

I think it's the other way around. Spotify should offer (at least for premium users) a custom feed for the exclusive podcasts or give the developers of podcast clients access to them via API to make podcasts available in regular podcast clients.

By binding to the Spotify client, Spotify destroys the podcast culture that was built as a niche since 2000 or 2006. I listen to a lot of podcasts and boycott all podcasts that are only available on Spotify because I can't listen to them in the podcast client of my choice.

I would have no problem with the paywall if I was not bound to the Spotify client for podcasts. It would be good for everyone if Spotify was also available in Castro, Overcast and Pocket. Just regular podcast clients. The same applies of course to the other providers of exclusive podcasts.

So everyone can choose where to listen to their podcasts. Many podcast clients offer individual features that Spotify will never offer in the way an indie developer can.

seiga08

I cant wait for this to actually get implemented. the only thing keeping me from using spotify for my podcasts is the inability to add a custom RSS

rrlamichhane

Why can't I do this? This is so lame, most of the good podcasts all have private RSS feeds

slapshot12

Just posting a comment so i get an email if there's ever a response to this. Be nice to use spotify for podcasts if they ever implement this.

samaz11

With the announcement of Joe Rogan exclusive to Spotify by the end of the year, this needs to be done asap. Just trust your users, you need this done last week.

slapshot12

No interest whatsoever in using spotify for podcasts until this incredibly basic functionality is added.

JasonWThompson

It's a bit silly that this feature doesn't exist. It's like having a web browser that only lets you google sites. It's like a photo program that only lets you view a curated collection of photos. It's like a text editor that doesn't have a File->Open command. Weird

g0m3z

Please add this. I want to listen to my podcast on Spotify not a different app, but cannot currently.

Bigg_Bill7

Please add this. I use Spotify as my main player for music and podcasts, and you'd think they would want to keep it that way, but any time I get, say a Patreon podcast with an RSS feed I have to go over apple podcasts. I don't want this and I'm sure Spotify doesn't want this lol. Very frustrating

exitwest81

Spotify can't take podcasts seriously until they implement this.  At least half of the shows I support are exclusive through patreon + private RSS url.