Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

Please remember the current song playing in a playlist so if I switch away to a different playlist and then switch back, Spotify will know where I left off.

I often can't finish a playlist right away or my mood changes so I might switch to a different playlist. Later, I want to finish the previous playlist, not start over again.

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

This idea accidentally ended up in the wrong board, so we're moving it back here. 

We're keeping the Not Right Now status as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
6n4q9-e85y_bj

This is a crucial feature.

aesterling

I emailed this request to Spotify CEO Daniel's email address and got a reply from Anastasia and Amelie with the "executive team."

They replied saying that they, "like the idea and understand why this feature would be useful to you and other users as shown on the Community board. Unfortunately, we’re unable to confirm if or when this suggestion will be reviewed once more, but we can definitely confirm your feedback has been escalated to the relevant team."

So I doubt that will actually change anything, but it was worth a shot. It might help if other users reach out as well.

0rsoxhnt2yotxjt
Great work on sending the email . If you want us to start pushing just
share their email so we will be able to send our demand for normal logic
thing that working in many other applications including youtube ...
Kf87

There is a similar Idear in the implemented Section of this biard. But it isn´t mplemented.

Waiting for The bookmarks for around 2 Years now. In my opinion it is a must have basic funktion and i don´t understand why it isn´t implimented now.

Here are loads of people who want these so make it happen. Couldn´t be so difficult to write it in the code for all plattforms.

aesterling

Today Spotify made some design changes to the mobile app and now feature the Podcast section more prominently. It brings more attention to the fact that Podcasts have the ability to resume playback where you left off, even after switching to music and then returning to the podcast. It demonstrates again that the "resume" functionality is possible and already exists but just needs to be expanded to albums and playlists. Here's how it looks for podcasts:

podcast_resume_functionality.png

Cprielly

This is my only complaint with Spotify, but it's kind of a big one. I switch between playlists a lot and have to guess where I left off. This would make Spotify a 5 star app for me.

NO_US

I found this post because I listen to audiobooks too! I love Spotify and I've used the app for a decade now. This would be a great feature to add in playlist settings. 😄

Thanamite

I can't believe this has not yet been fixed. It is not even an "idea". It is a really bad and unnoying bug.

This has been posted and resposted 10s of times for 7 years now and every single time it has been ingored by the developers without an explanation beyond "it is not in the plans". 

Just fix it already.

Thanamite

@wigglebit wrote:

I know how you feel @spotify2kuste. I've been registered since 2012 when I posted this idea. I get an email everytime someone likes it.

I think the best place to complain is on the app stores. Probably won't matter though. These guys are not adding this feature for some reason, probably to do with money. Or maybe they just don't have the technical skills 😉

Personally I don't care anymore. I don't use their service mainly because of this missing feature and their lousy excuse for not adding it. I mean this is a no brainer and I don't deal with stupidity very well. I get enough of that with my politicians.

Thanks for posting!

Well said. They will never fix this bug and their pathetic excuses are tiring. 

whyyoudothis

this would be so easy to implement and improve the experience of Spotify so much.