Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Setting for max Cache Size Allowance

The android version of Spotify currently doesn't have a setting for how much disk space the cache is allowed to take up, so it just keeps getting larger and larger until the entire drive is full. 

A music streaming app should not need several gigabytes of  drive space. Give us the option to cap this - getting real tired of getting told I'm out of disk space and having to manually wipe it.

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
S3ndG

There are just 2 votes left before the spotify staff takes a look at this Idea 🙂

I don't understand how this was not an option to begin with. Do you really think using someone's entire mobile storage free space is ok, Spotify?

Hubrrr

In my version of Spotify, the "Clear Cache" opton was already implemented! Finally 👍

kylu

Hey Hubrrr, you are right! They added Delete cache under Storage in settings! Great. I guess as written this issue still stands, since they could add a max size setting, but this is probably good enough now for most of us.

@Jellybadger wrote:

The android version of Spotify currently doesn't have a setting for how much disk space the cache is allowed to take up, so it just keeps getting larger and larger until the entire drive is full.

Kalmora

Why is Spotify not able to handle the disk space correctly?!

Kalmora

It's really a pity, how Spotify does not improve their app.

Created that: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Running-Android-Cache-management/idi-p/455...

Kalmora
Kalmora

Please implement this. Your app is spamming my internal disk space. And I start to wonder why I pay 10 € per month.

S3ndG

@Kalmora wrote:

Your app is spamming my internal disk space.

We can now erase the cache memory used by Spotify in Android without being disconnected. For me it's enough...  Do you use this feature?

Have a happy day 😉

Kalmora

7.31 GB of 12 GB inter SD Card used by Spotify cache. Total free 356 MB!

Thanks for nothing!