Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Developer] Android 13 Media Player

(This problem is solved on the latest beta version of Spotify for Android, thanks for all who replied and voted to this <3)

Hi, currently the Android version of the app is running in SDK target of 31, because of that, the media player in Android 13 is not fully adapted to it, with the background image in low resolution and no redesign, if you guys update the app to the SDK target of 33 the app will run perfectly in the current version of Android, with the new design, (the problem of low res background is still occuring). Here are some screenshots:

SDK 33 With themed play/pause buttonSDK 33 With themed play/pause buttonSDK 31 With no themed play/pause buttonSDK 31 With no themed play/pause button

Updated on 2022-09-05

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-07-30

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

tommy_chillfige

Android 13 is live now, would be great to get this updated 

marm0lade

That we have to vote on this to get it done is shameful. Update your software to support the current OS. We shouldn't even have to ask. I wish I could tell you how I really feel without the comment being deleted.

sep22

Like others have mentioned, it's a disgrace that you need a "necessary amount of votes" to get you to update your software. Not sure why you need to be influenced into doing so.

vhexs

+1 for this basic quality of life feature. Fix your dev team's management please.

You mean you need 'enough votes' to update your stuff to the latest Android?

schwarzmueller

Please update!

SunsOfSagan

No user should have to seek out and actively vote on an issue as trivial as updating your app to function with the latest version of an OS. That is a comically bad policy.

Android has 70% global market share - it's in your own best interests (and also like... your job) to stay apprised of these things.

electronika

Wondering why Spotify needs hundreds of votes to change one number in the manifest file

Andrewcpu

@electronika I ask the same thing constantly.