Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Long Press on Android

For a week or two now I've lost the option to long-press on a song, album, etc. in order to access the menu for things like adding it to the queue or a playlist. This was by far the easiest way to interact with the app. Please reimplement this feature. Please. Like really. Please. 

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
bvleonov

I don't understand why they'd remove this, it's a standard Android interface. If I wanted the clunky, inefficient, hidden menu style of iOS that requires 3 presses to accomplish anything, I'd get an iPhone.

Leebenningfield

I'm really confused why they would remove this feature, then mark it as a "new idea".  There was a build sometime last year that kept crashing when I tried to use this feature, but it was eventually fixed and it worked great.  Unless they rebuilt the whole app from scratch, removing this feature is idiotic.  But then again, Spotify keeps insisting on doing idiotic things that hinder paying customers use of the service.

SysC0mp

Why is this even marked as "new idea"? It is an old feature that got removed without any clue why as a user. The side menu is in no way better from a usability perspective. 

Most of the users also won't look at your forums just to see if they can maybe re-vote on an old feature just to get it back again. 

BRING IT BACK

Ultrafield
  1. Old must have feature which was removed in an earlier update. Absolutely embarrasing that this must have function was removed. Bring it back, or we need to go to another streaming service.
miauzka

The long press for the context menu on songs works pretty much anywhere, EXCEPT on albums. Please fix this!

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Ashwin_kumar

It still hasn't been fixed 😕

bvleonov

So you know why I have an Android and not an iPhone? Because I like to use intuitive devices that don't force you to click through menus. So why would you make your Android app reflect the basic, lowest common denominator-style design choices that Apple makes? You're not leveraging the full power of Android here, and making your app stupider and stupider with every update. It almost feels like when you have your meetings about new features, you make decisions based on how many people you can inconvenience and send in search of alternative apps.

brianelete

Please just add longpress everywhere where it can be used to open context menus and things like that. It is infinitely more convinient to use than the three dot, especially in lists where you would need to add the menu icon to all the lines..