Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back the heart button!

I am incredibly frustrated that I can't see which songs I liked in my own playlists. I don't want to go to the Liked Songs-list everytime I want to add my favorite songs to the queue. Bring back the heart!!!

Updated on 2024-01-26

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
xo-harris-2000

This!!! I hate this plus thing they have! It sucks and I have to manually change which songs go into which playlists. The fact that I now have to manually add a song to my liked songs playlist instead of it automatically doing it when I press the + button sucks! BRING BACK THE HEART!! 

ralphitz
Spotify lets us give feedback on their product but barely replies to the
feedback. They don't give any answers on this matter and we are shouting in
the void. Maybe we don't get what we like, but at least tell us that. This
way people eventually stop participating and finally loose interest in this
product/company. Is Spotify too big to fail? Because, as consumers, we
should be able to find another supplier of these kind of service who will
offer what we like. So, maybe we should slowly move to the exit... If we
dare, and are able to take our database with us and implement that with the
service of Spotify's competition...
EvaBo

Hopefully they will bring it back - new year, new heart

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2024-01-26

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

BabyEcho0_YT

Keep up the good work and share this post to everyone you know to like this idea and bring the heart back if you want it as much as I do! 😄

Reiszecke

Don't make too much of Spotify's little comment here.

Reiszecke_1-1706301963481.png

They have said the same for this exact idea last year and never acted out on it:

Completely out of touch with their users.

03-ckyvl_ivh5

According to a Reddit user, the heart icon has returned to the side of his favorite songs. It puts several screenshots. He is an Indian user, and he says that hearts are back without any update. Let's hope it is something generalized for all users. Until I see it I don't know whether to believe it... we already know Spotify and their stupid A/B tests.

landofweb

I just designed how I believe the heart button could be brought back in a way that merges both the suggestions from the community. My designs brings back the heart button in a way I believe Spotify would be happy with also.

You can check out my design process here which includes all the designs at the end - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTkLkUt1LnI

madeso

> We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users.

Why?

The original suggestion had 48 likes and the news post has 49 likes. At the time of writing this idea has 1093 votes and even assuming there is no overlap between the 2 posts this has 10x more.

> For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

That says a good suggestion just means it has 50 +Votes in under 3 months. A live idea is ideas that have gathered 180 +Votes in under 6 months.

Why is this just a good suggestion when it has gathered 1080 in 2 months?

Soryo

Isn't being able to view at a glance which songs we really really like in any playlist a must-have feature for any music player ?
What's the point of removing that ?

Is Spotify so out of touch with its users ? Are they even using their own product ?