Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back the heart button!

I am incredibly frustrated that I can't see which songs I liked in my own playlists. I don't want to go to the Liked Songs-list everytime I want to add my favorite songs to the queue. Bring back the heart!!!

Updated on 2024-01-26

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
fujitsoo

little bit out of context here but does someone have a hard time navigating through playlists?

I personally have tons of playlists and if I want to access songs on a specific playlist I made, I need to first hit "your library" --> Playlist button --> By you --> and flip through the playlists which is so annoying...I don't remember the playlist name so don't make use of the search bar either.  Makes me think that Spotify really doesn't want us to make our own playlist now that they even removed the heart button. 😞 They want us to discover songs made by them.:(

03-ckyvl_ivh5

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-26 a las 22.47.33.png

It affects operations and much more, Daniel. For example, to developers and product designers. It seems that the most clumsy ones have been left.

Lanciano007

@niemiin

Commenting and reviewing on the Microsoft Store will probably have more effect. Never saw any reaction from Spotify here in the community, nor any explanation.

I'm curious... Did Spotify raise their prices, that went up to 11 euro's, because people got disappointed and are leaving Spotify (for cheaper platforms with a Visible liked song indication)...?? 

Update:

https://www.billboard.com/business/streaming/spotify-q1-2024-earnings-profit-revenue-monthly-users-s...

I read that Spotify (would) raise their prices again with 1 or 2 dollars in some parts of the world, already starting this month...🙄

Maybe it's a good idea to offer music fans a cheaper music video opt-out possibility in their long-rumored Supremium’s (subscription) set of bonus features...? And an opt-in 'visible Heart' to indicate liked songs, for music lovers... Before, I would not have mind to pay an euro more to keep this 'Visible Heart' in... Now i'm looking for more useful alternatives...

I have a bad feeling i'm paying Spotify now for music videos I didn't ask for....touching the videos accidentally makes me frustrated once more... I don't want (pricey) videos on a music player. And I never saw any audiobooks in my Spotify player...but it seems i'm already paying for that... 

I don't want them, but I didn't know I already had them...Where/how can I find that huge audiobookdatabase? 

https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/3/24119884/spotify-2024-price-increase-rumor-audiobooks-supremium

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/03/spotify-plans-to-raise-prices-report.html#:~:text=The%20Swedish%20mu....

I started using Spotify because of their price (9,99 at that time) and I only want to listen to music, not pay for music videos I don't want to watch. It's a different thing...for a different target group.

For the same price there's already a good option to watch music videos, and as an extra advantage it gives you ad-free non-music videos too...Think everybody knows the platform i'm reffering to...it starts with an Y and ends on Tube...

Does anyone already have experiences with the in Europe popular free (of charge and no ads) Spanish newcomer Nonoki Music? It seems they listen to their users and implement functions very quickly. They don't have hearts now but everything seems to be similar, but for free....🤔 

cainamaturo

@fujitsoo that's another issue that I'm very unhappy with, they ruined library navigation. Now albums, artists and playlists are all shoved in the same tiny box and you have to apply various filters to find something, it's so unintuitive and slow. Unfortunately I don't believe they will ever revert back to what it was, if even a simple thing as the heart button seems impossible. This platform is dead.

shape5

@am8622: Precisely, and these are great points of which Spotify should be reminded.  4200 votes doesn’t mean that only 4200 users support the change, but exponentially more.  As an analogy in politics, the US government says that one voter who takes the time to write a senator represents the voices of about 35,000 constituents.  But even 1000 votes for an Idea is way more than enough to warrant a change in the Spotify app.

Spotify has deteriorated to the point where they don’t even follow their own publicly posted guidelines clearly outlined in the Idea Process.  See this official post by Spotify where they show that a Good Suggestion moves to a Live Idea once it “has gathered 180 +Votes in 6 months”.  But this Like button idea is soooo far beyond that requirement that it should have been implemented ages ago.

IIC1

I believe that the current "add to playlist" button should not be removed, but just make a button next to it for adding to favorites

Emerald_Pilots

Exactly, leave the new playlist button, fine, just bring back that damn heart! PLEASE SPOTIFY!!

Lanciano007

Seems now people get nervous, that Spotify will take away the "Add to Playlist" too....

Well, if you use desktop player you'll have 2 options to add songs to your playlists, exactly 1 fingernail from eachother. The green dot and the three grey dots both have the same function. It's crazy that the useful VISIBLE heart had to make way for a second "add to playlist" button....

Plus you have a third option, the easiest way, you can slide the songs into your Playlists in your Library directly and put them on the right spot in that Playlist immediately...This is the fastest and most logic way to add songs to your Playlists. Or do you want all your new songs at the end of your playlist, just for collecting??

If I could choose I would prefer the Visible Heart above this third option to add songs to my Playlists. I like the visibility in the green dot that we can SEE in which playlist the song is. But Spotify can also integrate a search possibility in My Library to fix this. That's all...

It's so weird to see people like to add songs to their Favorites/liked playlist and listen to that playlist. Probably they only listen to one genre. I listen to almost all genres and I hate to listen to a rocksong after a soft, slow, classical song or rap after exotic tropical music...or reggae. I don't want a chill song after a wild dance song... For me a mixed playlist like that is useless to listen to... Besides, if i listen to a list of only Bangers, I will get borred on those Bangers in a short period, and I have to remove them from my favorites again... I don't want to 'kill' my Bangers...I want to listen to them all my life...

If it's difficult to integrate the visible heart button back on other devices bring it back for desktop and webbrowser....We don't need the same button next to eachother....It doesn't make sense.. We need to have 1 visible heart and 1 green dot!