Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Car Thing][Developer] SDK for Spotify Car Thing

Hi Team,

Car thing is very nice piece of hardware, specially the controls. I am sad to see it going away. I want to ask the team to release an SDK for it, so the homebrew developers can keep it alive for longer. Please consider it before killing the device support.

Thanks

Updated on 2022-10-31

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
thejaustin

SDK would be amazing!! Opens up loads of opportunities! Even a guide to flash the firmware would be nice as well!

Fuegonomics

I would love to see this happen. I feel like opening up the software in these is the only way to prevent them from becoming eventual ewaste. They have too much potential to just be made useless (or outdated) and tossed.

Dementedioser

SDK Would be fantastic!

facilllity

Would LOVE this. Please make it happen!

NateTheGreat2

This would be amazing!

aplanedividedthesky

Come on Spotify, be cool for once

scris101

This is actually absolutely essential now that the car thing is being discontinued. It'll have almost 500 votes before the end of the month which has far surpassed any selection criteria made by Spotify.

DO THE RIGHT THING.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-10-31

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

niko_spot

@luan shouldn't this become a "Live Idea" rather than a Good Suggestion? 

Its well over the minimum threshold for a Live Idea...

niko_spot_0-1667179095949.png

amirhfarz

Having an official SDK would be fantastic. Can't wait to add more functionality to this.