Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

DISLIKE BUTTON

If i hate a song, then I don't want to hear it ever again. All of us run into this on an hourly basis. Every single day. Why in the world cant we dislike (or thumb down) a song to remove it from existence? Why do you torture us by playing songs we don't want to hear?

There is a "hide" option (only on mobile), and its playlist specific. The desktop version doesn't even have this somewhat-useless feature.

So I vote for a universal dislike button. No playlist limitations. No desktop vs mobile limitations. No buttons hidden in submenus. Just a simple, easily accessible button that can eliminate our headaches once and for all.

Updated on 2023-10-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Neradia

There needs to be a 'don't ever play this again' button. It's frustrating having to fast forward through the same songs again and again. Learning what you hate is just as important as learning what you like so the algorithm only really has half the picture of your music preference without this feature. It's too hard to have to manually go into each artist that you hate to say 'don't play artist'. It would be easier if there's a like and hate button for each song. 

It would also be useful to be able to specify what genres to never play. I hate R&B but because it's so popular I'm constantly fast forwarding through such songs in my recommends. 

Pandamart

Please please please add this feature. It's nonsensical to not include a dislike otherwise it won't really enable proper refinement of your taste profile.

o-o-p-s

oh, so it seems like the "dislike button" you're describing would be more of a block button? sounds great, and it could be used for artists, songs, albums, genres, podcasts, authors, and even ads. especially because in this one ad, the guy's voice is so annoying i just want to close spotify and just sit in silence.

...anyway great suggestion,

ofwolfandman

Spotify used to have that option but removed it for some unexplained reason. It needs to be brought back. 

musziQluvher

so, this idea has been floating around since 2015 🤣🤣🤣. how many votes does a thing need before it will seriously be considered? Askin for a friend. I'm the friend. I'm asking for me.

nic9034

I feel like Spotify heavily relies on your liked/played songs to build playlists. Sometimes when I play the generated playlists its to discover new music. I wish there was a slider type feature where I could specify how much I wanted to hear of familiar/liked music to completely new music. Often times the same song (or set of songs) will come up again and again across playlists and I have no way to set a preference.

Puglifiled

With a DISLIKE track/song button, I might actually start listening to Spotify recommendations and other people's playlists.

kevron75

My Question or Issue

On any device, on any plan, Spotify has decided you don't need to dislike songs.  There are times that an artist I love has a song that I hate.  I want to remove that song from existence on Spotify, but Spotify has determined that I can't do that.  They instead will only let me hide it from specific playlists or radio stations.  

Why doesn't Spotify have this BASIC tool?  I should be able to dislike one particular song (even if I'm using the web interface), without affecting any other songs from the same artist.  As it is, Spotify is losing money because I find myself returning to other streaming platforms.  I am sure I'm not alone in this.  

So please, Spotify moderators, read this and pass it along to the powers that be.  Give us a dislike option that is account global!!!  

zerocontrast

For anyone that votes for this post, also check out this older one that already has over 5,000 votes

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-quot-Don-t-Like-Button-quot-should-be-adde...

It's been marked as a "good idea", but maybe with enough votes, Spotify will finally do what people have been asking for for years.

khvv

Yess