Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mix] Customization: Create / Remove / Add / Merge Mixes

Daily Mixes is one of the best additions to Spotify yet, but as all new features it has room for a lot of improvement, especially when it comes to customizing your mixes. Right now mixes are enterily dependent on algorithms, however I think users should have a degree of personal input on how mixes are built. For example, it would be great if users could select a couple of songs and then have Spotify create a mix based on those songs. It would also be great if users could remove a mix and replace it with another, or merge different mixes into one. For example, Spotify created two different EDM mixes for me, one based on house music, and another based on tech house tracks. I find that a little redundant and I would like to merge both mixes into one. There's also another mix which is a weird combination of ambient, IDM, downtempo and indie rock tracks (?). I would like to split that mix in two, one for indie rock and another for IDM, downtempo and ambient music. And then there's a pop/R&B mix which I'd like to replace entirely with a jazz music mix, since I don't listen to that much mainstream pop and R&B music in the first place.

Expanding the number of daily mixes to 8 would be great as well, since 6 mixes doesn't quite cover the variety of music I tend to listen to. Finally, being able to add back to mixes songs or artists that you banned on accident is a must.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can create your own generated mixes by selecting Radio on any track, album or song you like - which will generate a playlist of similar songs. As mentioned in the idea, you could make a playlist of a couple of songs and then select 'Radio' by clicking the three dots to make your own funky mix. 

We have no further information on removing unwanted Daily Mixes, but we'll keep this idea open and keep you posted of any news here. 

Thanks!

Comments
dipdigtfxukl7m2

Please give users the option to remove daily mixes. I recently had my password hacked and my daily mix is full of playlists that I will never listen to. It's an eyesore, and a constant reminder that I was hacked. Please let me simply remove the list.

Jtpav10
This is great reason to have an option to delete a daily mix.
megacookie

I also agree that there should be an ability to have a mega daily mix which combines all other daily mixes. The different genres of the daily mixes doesn't make any sense. I like most of these songs so combining them seems a logical thing to do for me. 

Scotthidy

I think this would be a fantastic idea, and came to the Spotify Community forum to for this reason specifically. A couple of my Daily Mixes are quite similar, despite the large variety of music I listen to. One mix has been there for as long as I remember.. I almost never listen to it or anything it contains, and yet it's never replaced or updated. While my mixes do reflect a decent variety for the most part, the ability to remove a mix and have Spotify generate a different mix would be amazing! I love the daily mixes, I would just like to be able to have a small amount of control/customization to them, or at least remove/refresh ones that grow stale or are no longer listened to.

ragenfox

Ill be waiting for this..

Daily mixes have been amazing, until i started listening to drum and base and trance and a new mix was created(i had 6 earlier) 2 were merged, and not the suitable prog rock and prog metal, but the black metal and the prog rock. Now i start daily mix 2, it starts with porcupine tree, the second song is burzum, the following is devin townsend, next track is bathory.

And this has only gotten worse with time

2 Daily Mixes have become useless now. I just hope the synthwave mix doesnt get merged with the classic rock mix.

vjcat83

I love the Daily Mix, but I need them to be mixed up. Just beacise I like Heartbeat City by the Cars doesn't mean I want that song from that album all the time. I would prefer a mix up of songs from that same album to keep it fresh. The Daily Mix gets stale pretty fast, so some jumbling up of the choices would be appreciated.

2e-nyej3_gxtg

Agreed. This is long overdue. Jango does this really well. You guys should take a lesson from them (and they're free all the way).

xa-_cats371v9

This is a must have.  The different genre mixes are nice when I want to listen to a specific genre but most of the time, I want to listen to multiple genre's at once.  For now, I've been just adding the Daily Mixes into a playlist and then playing that playlist on random.  But it takes a little work and probably doesn't train Spotify as well to know what I like.  The songs I like, I add to my library the ones I don't, I just skip.  Then I have to delete the playlist and recreate it every day.  It should be very simple to just do merged Daily Mix.  I'm testing out Deezer and they have their "Flow" which works exactly the way it makes sense to me.  They have Flows for the different genre's but then you have your main flow which is all genre's you like.  Even Pandora Premium does this right.  Come on Spotify!

DaGout

I would like the ability to merge playlists together as well as as listen to them individually. 

jas282

YES!