Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mix] Customization: Create / Remove / Add / Merge Mixes

Daily Mixes is one of the best additions to Spotify yet, but as all new features it has room for a lot of improvement, especially when it comes to customizing your mixes. Right now mixes are enterily dependent on algorithms, however I think users should have a degree of personal input on how mixes are built. For example, it would be great if users could select a couple of songs and then have Spotify create a mix based on those songs. It would also be great if users could remove a mix and replace it with another, or merge different mixes into one. For example, Spotify created two different EDM mixes for me, one based on house music, and another based on tech house tracks. I find that a little redundant and I would like to merge both mixes into one. There's also another mix which is a weird combination of ambient, IDM, downtempo and indie rock tracks (?). I would like to split that mix in two, one for indie rock and another for IDM, downtempo and ambient music. And then there's a pop/R&B mix which I'd like to replace entirely with a jazz music mix, since I don't listen to that much mainstream pop and R&B music in the first place.

Expanding the number of daily mixes to 8 would be great as well, since 6 mixes doesn't quite cover the variety of music I tend to listen to. Finally, being able to add back to mixes songs or artists that you banned on accident is a must.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can create your own generated mixes by selecting Radio on any track, album or song you like - which will generate a playlist of similar songs. As mentioned in the idea, you could make a playlist of a couple of songs and then select 'Radio' by clicking the three dots to make your own funky mix. 

We have no further information on removing unwanted Daily Mixes, but we'll keep this idea open and keep you posted of any news here. 

Thanks!

Comments
OmerLevy

About the "status update solution": While the generated radios are great and I use them a lot, they lack a very importent feature: "dislike".

tritrek

Hey,
I'm using Spotify Premium on a MacBook (and iPhone and Android and Windows...) but this issue only comes up on my Mac (OS: Catalina).
The don't play this sing/artist button has gone missing from my Daily mixes... I can only LOVE can't dismiss a song or an entire artist.
Anyone else seen this?

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-10-18

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

startgame412

I agree. Both allowing more than 6 daily mixes and merging some of the mixes would be great as I also have some daily mixes which i feel can be merged. To be exact, I currently have 4 separate daily mixes which could be merged into two separate daily mixes which would then leave room for other daily mixes that contain other types of music that I listen to as I listen to music in a wide variety of genres. 

angelx644

"Spotify has determined that you do not, in fact, want this feature. Please continue using what we have decided you want. You may suggest ideas here, but we will decline them exactly 3 years after posting. 
F. Uck you Kindly, Spotify"

owengall

I like the mix/playlist merging idea, to be able to create a new radio from selecting lists of songs, instead of selecting the songs individually.

Ikkilis

I love this idea! I had a similar idea recently and would love the ability to be able to select 1-3 Artists or Genres for the daily mixes to be based on rather than them be from your listening history. Right now personally I have 3 daily mixes that are all based on me listening to the Rise of Skywalker and World of Warcraft soundtracks and no longer have a mix based on The Amity Affliction/Bring Me The Horizon or my Rap based Daily Mix. 

york707
The other thing is, if you start only listening to your daily mixes, it
kind of becomes an echo chamber and really reduces the variety of artists
in them and the variety of songs from any given artist. I noticed that
when I send a few days only listening to stuff other than the daily mixes,
when I return to the daily mixes a few days later, they variety is a lot
better.
Ikkilis

Each mix for me changes differently enough each day, would be amazing to have the variety so that 3 of my 6 aren’t an echo chamber. I don’t know how the algorithm even made it that way. It started as 1 of my 6 was based off of John Williams, now I basically have 3 after a few days. 

EH-LEMON-ATOR
Strongly agree!!