Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Daily Mix] Customization: Create / Remove / Add / Merge Mixes

Daily Mixes is one of the best additions to Spotify yet, but as all new features it has room for a lot of improvement, especially when it comes to customizing your mixes. Right now mixes are enterily dependent on algorithms, however I think users should have a degree of personal input on how mixes are built. For example, it would be great if users could select a couple of songs and then have Spotify create a mix based on those songs. It would also be great if users could remove a mix and replace it with another, or merge different mixes into one. For example, Spotify created two different EDM mixes for me, one based on house music, and another based on tech house tracks. I find that a little redundant and I would like to merge both mixes into one. There's also another mix which is a weird combination of ambient, IDM, downtempo and indie rock tracks (?). I would like to split that mix in two, one for indie rock and another for IDM, downtempo and ambient music. And then there's a pop/R&B mix which I'd like to replace entirely with a jazz music mix, since I don't listen to that much mainstream pop and R&B music in the first place.

Expanding the number of daily mixes to 8 would be great as well, since 6 mixes doesn't quite cover the variety of music I tend to listen to. Finally, being able to add back to mixes songs or artists that you banned on accident is a must.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

You can create your own generated mixes by selecting Radio on any track, album or song you like - which will generate a playlist of similar songs. As mentioned in the idea, you could make a playlist of a couple of songs and then select 'Radio' by clicking the three dots to make your own funky mix. 

We have no further information on removing unwanted Daily Mixes, but we'll keep this idea open and keep you posted of any news here. 

Thanks!

Comments
EH-LEMON-ATOR
I did the same thing , but it came back.
bltkmt

A bit of an update to my post above - I did find that one of my Daily Mixes eventually evolved into a reggae playlist, so they do eventually learn and change it seems.

shotgunstever

Please allow us to delete daily mixes, or restrict specific genres from our recommended music.

I use Spotify almost every day, and NEVER listen to Country music. My wife used it ONE TIME to listen to country music, and I now one of my favorite daily mixes has been replaced by a Country one that I cannot delete and will never use. WORST!

Jtpav10
I kept removing all the songs in the playlist and one day it was gone. It has been gone for a few weeks now. I hope it doesn't come back. It was a real pain because I had to keep going into the playlist and removing songs. I also selected the option that said not to play any music from the artist.
I wish they would just give you the choice to remove a playlist.
Jtpav10
I kept removing all the songs in the playlist and one day it was gone. It has been gone for a few weeks now. I hope it doesn't come back. It was a real pain because I had to keep going into the playlist and removing songs. I also selected the option that said not to play any music from the artist.
I wish they would just give you the choice to remove a playlist.
ottob

This seems like such a simple thing that Spotify could do. This issue really wrankles. I'd love to be able to right-click a mix and have it be gone, another one to be created and populated as time goes by with other styles I play.

As having moved from Pandora due to ANZ copyright issues. Having only one useful daily mix is a big let down. The other mix I have is based on a one or two time listen to a disney playlist for my kids. More control please. If we could like/dislike a mix that would rock.

gas163

Please please please... I must get this children's music out of my Daily Mix #1 slot.  I have disliked every Disney song I can find but somehow more keep proliferating.  Can someone at Spotify please consider working the weekend to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance from a paying customer.

Jtpav10
Spotify doesn't seem interested in fixing this. Below is their response to me. It took a long time, but I finally got rid of a mix I didn't want.

No worries, you can tap while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all songs by that artist from your mixes.
jfhnhh

I have the same issue.  I have a Daily Mix that is terrible, but I can't get rid of it.  What's up with that?