Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Option to maximize album cover in fullscreen

I suspect this was an oversight in the latest update, but the album cover is now tiny in full-screen mode, making room for the background on the artist's profile instead. There seems to be no way to maximize the album cover, which I'd rather be looking at. I'd like that option back!

unknown.png

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
bzero

@deftones22 : SORRY, but you write "full screen album art" in Spicetify and you added screenshots. WHAT A **bleep**! That is NOT fullscreen cover, it is just the same small cover that Spotify shows but with a blurry background of the cover. That's not what this IDEA is about. The idea requests to have full screen high resolution cover art! Like Cover in 3000px in the width or so and display it on black background. See Tidal!

KaiLon

We are now in year 2023. And I just do not understand, why you guys cannot make it. I mean it cannot be to diffucult to implement the option to maximize the album cover. One click, done. Please Spotify make it happen. Artist put a lot of work into their album cover. Please appreciate this!!! 

Yojacoby

Consider this fact: here we are in 2023 still asking to have full screen album art as a simple option, yet it still has not been implemented. Yet, Spotify wants access to ALL of my personal photos. Do the math here: Spotify is first and foremost a DATA collection company, secondly a music streaming service. This album art feature is easily implemented, yet isnt. Asking for access to YOUR personal photos has nothing to do with streaming music. Actions speak louder. 

BobBarth

Where are we on this Spotify. I've been a premium user for years and I want to see large album art. Why is this so difficult to accomplish?  Is there some licensing issue that only allows you to use the small art?  Please give us some kind of update.

nupurb

Instead of just having a small pop up of the album cover at the bottom, the cover shows up as full screen. Just like on the app on phones.

Maayanko

what's happening with this? this is so important for everyone, you have no excuse to leave it the way it is, change it back please.

everyone in my life is using spotify, out of all of them only my uncle was indifferent about this, everyone else (200+) all wanted the option to see the artwork in full detail. I'm sure most of your users care about this but just don't know/bother to come here and complain. we are paying costumers! we deserve more! especially, in this economy...

jakielim

Album art is such an integral part of music experience, and the fact that we don't even have an option to view them bigger on fullscreen after more than two years is absurd. Surely an aesthetic tweak wouldn't be that hard to implement?

BobBarth

You have got to be kidding me with this latest update? Do you hate us? How is it possible that you have now made the album art even SMALLER!!!! then it was before????

It seems like one of your spiteful engineers read this many years old (and completely ignored) thread and thought "f these guys... they want big art??? I'll shrink the art just to **bleep** them off!" 

Dmytr0

Wow, I can't believe it. Maybe let's just totally remove the album covers and save the storage, Spotify?) Who cares about these indiscernible tiny icons anyway)

rottenjoint

Spotify, We can say you can faack off. Thank you, We are the stupids that pay you. Thank you for joking with us and the artists. Idiotic update. There's no people around these updates they're bots automated to **bleep** music enthusiast clients off.