Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Select default sound device for Spotify Connect

Currently Spotify defaults to using the default sound device when launched, it would be neat if you could choose which sound device you want to use instead in the options screen.

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-23

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments

Are you still using the beta "workaround" instead of the settings baked into windows? If so, stop using it and move on to the stock W10 settings. If not, it's a windows issue as opposed to a spotify issue.

CptShadows

I'm using the standard windows 10 launch command thing, like the updated guide tells you to

Yeah, stop using that, it's no longer required and we're assuming no longer being supported. Either create a fresh launch shortcut, or remove the "switches" from your current desktop shortcut.

Go into All Settings/System/Sound and go into "App Volume and Device Preferences" under the "Advanced Sound Options" header and select your desired spotify output from there.

CptShadows

OH MY GOD. If this works, I'm going to be so happy!! Thank you so much for telling me about it 😄

secutor666

The mods should update this thread. This is getting really annoying and it's so misleading for people asking google about spotify and the audio device picker. 

artcritical

Anyone who complains that you can't set your own default device on MAC is sent to this page, exclusively dealing with WINDOWS, and told that the issue has been resolved. You can't even comment on another Mac user's comment: you are sent here. This suggests ignorance and contempt towards Mac users by Spotify.

Jolleyboy

Since the switch to being a Win10 Store App only, you can no longer modify the Target field.  Please provide an alternative work around!

Disabled TargetDisabled Target

Jarsky

Have you tried using the Offline installer? http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

I believe you need to uninstall the Windows Store App, and then delete any trace of it from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ off memory before you run the installer. 

Stop using this method all together. This feature is built into Windows audio settings now don't use Spotify to try to do it.

They really should just close this line of comments as it's no longer supported.

pete240885

My shortcut target is

C:\Users\seedy\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe --enable-audio-graph

But the playback device setting still does not appear when I use it to launch spotify, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Spotify version: 1.1.12.449.g4109e645