Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Find public Playlists that contain Song/Artist

My theory (not rocket science):

If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. 

Currently, you can only search for public playlists via playlist name.  Considering that most people do not name their playlists to accurately reflect the type of music it contains, I believe that the current search functionality is quite limited. 

Spotify should have functionality to search for public playlists that contain a song/artist.  I think would be immensly helpful for music discovery.  

Best of luck, 

Ryan

P.S. - Down the line, it would be interesting to see "similarity scores" between two playlists.  Could be quite interesting for finding new music.  

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks.

Thanks again for all your votes and comments.
We're still keeping an eye on this idea, but at this time we don't have an update.

Comments
Jhank3

Spotify, if you read these comments: I am another user who would enjoy this feature. Thanks for providing good service!

This is important.

petr7

Is Spotify developers unaware of God's Juke Box or This Is My Jam? This Idea is important. COME ON! 

2015                                         NOT RİGHT NOW?? 

. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCİENCE!

34 pages of comments > 1520 upvotes

Gen719

Seriously, yes please!

fyli6triks4m

How is this not a necessary feature?

spectoral

As an artist (@Spectoral), I think it's pretty fair to want to know what Spotify playlists, if any, my own songs appear in. Definitely adding my kudos for this feature. (btw... give me some curated playlist love, Spotifolk). https://open.spotify.com/album/0if3HLePmxc964vUaZjJni

rlstanley41

Wow this would really be great! 

bzero

I strongly believe the main reason why this hasn't been implemented is this: The description of the idea is TOO BROAD:

"If someone else's playlist includes a song or artists that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. "

It would be better to define a very simple and small idea so that Spotify can easily implement it.

So I would be happy with this:

"If someone else's playlist includes a song that I like, there is a good change that I will enjoy the rest of their playlist. "

So let's just stick to the use case:

- User can right-click on any song, popup menu opens

- User can select "Show Playlists featuring this song"

- A Search Result with playlists would appear where this song is part of it.

DONE.

I think Spotify could implement this feature in one week (development, testing and rollout).

Don't spam mate, this is NOT a proper way of promoting your music
KeSoze2

"I think Spotify could implement this feature in one week (development, testing and rollout)."

Yes, but that would require Spotify caring at all about user feedback, and the fact that this thread is still 34 pages and growing shows that they couldn't care less.

Maybe Google will pay attention. Fingers crossed.