Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to customize Your Daily Drive

Just got a playlist called "Your Daily Drive". So far, it's great because it mixes in news-like podcast snippets inbetween suggested songs.

However, it'd be great to mark a podcast as 'do not play again' or 'dislike' so it doesn't show up or similar podcasts don't appear. 

It would also like to love/like songs that appear, as well as the ability to complete skip a podcast if its something I'm less interested in. Podcast runs similar to normal podcast, but I feel that this is a different experience (and a catered one), we should have more freedom to skip/like/love/dislike to make this experience improve over time.

Thank you!

Updated on 2020-12-17

Hi everyone!
Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.
Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.
If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
Mandomatic

Please have the music change in the Daily Drive. I am so tired of the same music that I have stopped using it. Great idea but poor implementation. It was particularly sad at the end of the year when Spotify created a "Top Songs" listened to from the year and it was a repeat of the Daily Drive because the songs never changed.

WumpusAmungus

Add one more voice to this issue.  I want the option to remove podcasts as well.  Every Saturday and Sunday I get the Page Six - We Hear: Quick Fix as part of my Daily Drive.  This is Hollywood gossip drivel that I quickly skip past.  I want a way to remove it permanently. 

VenterraZero

Good to see that this got already asked.
I was quiet a fan of daily drive for driving to work. 
But good god am I getting frustrated. I get the same episode of a finance podcast about pension fonds while low financial interest.

This episode ist twenty-ish minutes long and I get this episode in my daily drive circa 2 to 3 times a week for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Thats annoying and I can't do anything against this episode or the podcast since Spotify does not provide a function to actively dislike a podcast.

You can follow, yes.

But when a Podcast gets recommended to you over and over and over again, even if you already have listend to it.

You can't do anything at all.

And since it is a 20-ish minute long episode and spotify doesn't give the ability to skip a podcast episode via bluetooth it's a total mess. 

I mean financial topics are quiet important, ok. But they are often not very interessting to just listen to, especially if you already listened to this.

Imagine your driving to work. And you have the option to listen to daily drive, but you have to deal with a non skippable 20 minute thing that occurs somewhere in the playlist 2 - 3 times a week.

I mean while driving you simply must not even try to skip 20 minutes long stuff in 15 seconds skips. 

Oh, and when you skip blind, which you have to do when you don't want to drive several hundred meters with just luck, that very moment when you have managed to skip that junk, you reach songs and the app has nothing better to do than to perform every god dang skip that was beyond that podcast. 

That means AFTER you have managed to skip it the app seems to count how many skips where done while switching to the next song.

That means you don't hear a thing and that for not sure if you have passed that podcast or if they just don't say anything, so you skip til that moment you hear anything that gives you a clue if the podcast is done.

So that means that moment you hear that a song ist starting the app performs more skips, so you pretty much skip every song between this podcast and the next.

Wich than only stops because it is only skippable in 15second steps again.

So long nag, short please. 
PLEASE GIVE ME AN OPTION TO GET RID OF THIS EPISODE

Thanks for reading.

Stay safe and healthy.

With kind regard 

Venterra

jaydotwi

Daily drive is a great idea, but please start the mix with a song before the first news podcast.

jaydotwi

It would be great to have an option to choose which podcasts/news to play where in the list.

That would turn daily drive from something good into something awesome 🙂

Craling

My ideal Daily-Drive would be:

• Editing music-source to
    • Specific playlists
    • Radios (Artist, etc.)
  • Editing Podcasts to
    • Specific Podcasts prioritized
    • enabling slots for random and recommended Podcasts
  • Editing amount OR duration of songs between podcasts
  • Optional first ‚news‘ or ‚update‘ slot in the podcasts that can be configured by the user (for example mine would be a specific news-podcast followed by a daily tech-podcast)
MuzakMaker

I would love to be able to just mark podcasts as "not interested" or something like that. It's hilarious that on the weekdays I get in depth news and science podcasts and then on the weekend Daily Drive doesn't know what do with out those weekday podcasts so it just feeds me a bunch of celebrity gossip and reality TV podcasts. 

You would think after months of always skipping those podcasts within seconds the algorithms would figure out I have no desire for them.

M_könig

I would also like to see to adjust the podcast on Daily Drive because there are some podcasts that I don´t really care about. But above that, I would like to see the option of hearing the news podcasts in multiple languages. This because if you are speaking multiple languages, it is great to hear the news from different angles. And it is also a great way of learning a new language 

rayandyulia

I agree 1,000% It would be great if we could select our podcasts that we want to hear, and then maybe select a playlist that we already have. Personally, I'd like to see the Daily Drive mixed with my Discovery Weekly. That way I get all new information and music all the time. But, you're right, there are some podcast I skip right away. 

jagermo

+1 . I really would like to adapt the available podcasts.