Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
bexord

I did not expected spotify to force something I have absolutely no interest on my home page. I cancelled my Netflix because of that kind of behavior.

kathrynnyc

I want this off me screen.  Listen to the people who are paying for this service.  

frankly I’m ready to cancel my subscription.  Stop trying to force your podcasts choices on me. TURN THIS OFF 

tapekiller

Almost two years, 15 pages of comments and with close to 1700 votes it's "Not Right Now".
Terrible business practice, we shouldn't be forced to see podcasts just because Spotify started playing in this league and made expensive deals.
I want music and I'm paying for a service that removed ads. These unsolicited podcast suggestions are textbook advertising, and if that's how it is I'll consider cancelling my plan and use alternative means.

austinylmtm

This is stupid. I just listened to a show for few mins and then it keeps popping up on the “my top shows” rows even I keep on listening to other shows for hours already. How does this work? I don’t **bleep**ing want the single stupid show that unrelated to me being popped up on my front screen anymore! This is bugging me! 

CasandraSwnpl

Hi everyone...

Not quite a solution but it helped me.

There was quite a few explicit podcasts on my "shows you might like" page, and I share this account.

So what i did was find things that I actually might like such as facts, true crime and conspiracy.

Then i liked those pod casts, in no way am I actually going to listen to them, but the next day on my spotify it showed me more podcasts related to my "liked" podcast.

And I didnt see any of the explicit content.

Like I said not sure if it will help everyone but its worth a try, no thanks to all the HeLp we received from Spotify. 

robaish

We should be able to remove all our podcast-related data, or at the very least, have the "Your top shows" listing in a separate view rather than the Home view.

I've been using Spotify for around a decade, recently tried listening to podcasts on it, but didn't like mixing those with music. Reached out to Spotify support, and no one could remove the annoying "Your top shows" from the Home view. I have unfollowed all podcasts but nothing helps.

This is driving me nuts. The podcasts are not even ones I listen to regularly, since I prefer a different app, and now my "top shows" are even sort of embarrassing, something I don't want to display and see every time I open Spotify. If this can't be manually helped, please, please fix this with a feature!

willander

I agree. Must add option to remove podcasts.

Istillremember

This idea absolutely should be implemented. 

Just sharing my experience, I trialled listening to fertility podcasts a few months back and now I get recommendations for not only the ones I listened to, but new ones also. I don't want to listen to any of them anymore. I'm not in the right headspace. I also don't want to see them on my home screen, it feels very private and I'd hate for a colleague to see it by accident. I can't imagine how damaging this would be for someone who's going through something like a miscarriage. Being able to remove an item from your home screen that's potentially triggering seems like pretty low hanging fruit to me! 

I now know I could have listened via private session but not much I can do about it now.

martinclive1312

I'm a Spotify Premium customer because I want the CD quality downloads. This non-curatable 'Top Shows' issue annoys me so much that I have looked at other options. The nearest equivalent is Tidal Premium. But unfortunately, they insist on trying to foist their own taste in music onto you. When a quality streaming service comes along which treats its customers with respect, I will use it.

etiennenagy

Spotify is becoming so filled with its own ideas of what I want to listen too that it is becoming useless. It is very hard to find anything with all the garbage it sends up.  If I can find a service that just delivers music and has a decent search capability I'm going to cancel my subscription.