Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Remove or manage “Your top podcasts” from mobile home screen

On the mobile app Home screen, “Your top podcasts” isn’t reflecting my most frequently used podcasts. It contains podcasts that I haven’t listened to recently, and yet it omits at least one of the podcasts to which I have listened recently.

How is Spotify defining “Top” podcasts?

Regardless of this definition, I want to manage which podcasts are displayed on my home screen.

Several users have provided feedback on this — and in particular, some users have unwittingly shared explicit podcasts with young children or family members. These people cannot dismiss/forget these podcasts from their home screen. Inappropriate and embarrassing. 

Allow Spotify users to manage which podcasts appear on “Your top podcasts.” 

14669A87-3929-47E0-ADDD-674D2388EDF0.png

Updated on 2020-06-22

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and comments to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
martinclive1312

Well here's an interesting development. The 'Archewell' podcast, which I listened to once out of morbid curiosity to see how awful it would be, has finally disappeared from my Top Shows box after approximately 4 months. Is this perhaps the way the app works? Has anyone else noticed a time limit? The other possibility, of course, is that Spotify are so embarrassed at having overpaid for this nonsense, that they're quietly dropping it.

kene33

I support this https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Discover-Separate-Podcast-Home-from-Music-... as a PARTIAL fix.

IMHO if Podcasts are costing Spotify so much they need to spam me with stuff I don't want. Then they should be able to remove them totally and charge me less.

I don't understand the appeal of Podcasts, they aren't for me, if i want to get lectured I'll tell my wife I sold the house and am buying a yacht. It's like buying a car and finding out that I'm forced to pay for square tires, and that every time i exit the vehicle, the tires reset to square. THIS SUCKS.

rupert1020

9f6826df597423c5adbf97c21c4ccb62.jpg+1 

The Spotify home screen looks more and more like a pawn shop window. I only want music to show there, not all kinds of rubbish I don't want. A clean home screen, thats what I would like. Please !

princepoloxxl

Spotify, how exactly am I supposed to feel about your platform if I am consistently greeted with an obnoxious ad for a podcast named "**bleep** TOWN" every time I turn on the app? Not only have I never listened or even searched for anything of that sort, it actively makes me look bad when using your app. I feel embarassed to turn it on around others/in public. It's not a great feeling to evoke in a paying customer, is it?

(see, the name of the podcast itself seems to be too much for this forum, pretty ironic)

RickyB667

I see a constant suggestion of a person's podcasts who i hate. I have no idea how it got into my homepage.

But the fact that i can't "dislike" or remove it in any way is outrageous...

I shiver every time i open Spotify, because i see his face everywhere...

There must be a simple solution to this!

clarktomd1

I do not want my listening history to show up on CarPlay for everyone in the car to discuss.  Spotify has a much better product than Apple Music, but Apple gives the user control over their information.  I do not mind paying for Premium, but it should come with the ability to maintain control, manage privacy and keep nosy advertisers from harvesting me as a product.  Deleting history is a basic that the industry figured out about a decade ago.  Pushing this to the back burner is a clear indication that user experience is not important.  It should be reconsidered.

dmang888

This is a ridiculous and stupid feature. You accidentally listen to one second of one podcast and then everywhere it says Your top podcast!! well, no its not and I can't remove it. 

Nomorepodcastad

Hey, please remove podcast from my Home Screen. Of the 86,000 mins of content I streamed last year😌, less than 100 mins went to pod cast. I don’t want it. 

G51e

I am very annoyed that I have to see podcasts that do not interest me at all here when I pay to listen to music.  Certainly taking away from the user experience and no reason why this can be resolved quickly.

alanlaird

Please remove podcast suggestions and top podcasts from home screen if you are going to promote hate speech.