Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] [Other] Smart Shuffle toggle setting in settings menu

Smart shuffle is a fun way to discover new songs, but it comes at a cost. Want to reshuffle your queue? Bam, wait a few seconds longer. Want to unshuffle your playlist? Bam, no longer works, and goes to a completely random place in the playlist.

To me this is an unwanted complication, and I'd much rather be able to choose in the settings menu whether I want to enable the Smart Shuffle feature, or disable it.

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
katieautenrieth

Please!!!!!!!! Smart shuffle takes forever to load and all I want to do is toggle between regular shuffle and not shuffle... please please prioritize this. it is the #1 most inconvenient thing about spotify at this point. 😞

Dee139

An option to turn off smart shuffle permanently, PLEASE. I don't want it. I didn't ask for it. I do NOT want to be clicking the shuffle button TWICE to go back to "playlist order" and then be annoyed because it doesn't work anyway because my Queue is still full of "songs you might like" that haven't been removed despite the shuffle icon clearly showing that it's supposed to be off. It is ruining the listening experience and I'm surprised it's stuck around for this long when a quick social media search for "smart shuffle spotify" shows that it is a universally disliked feature. 

Please remove smart shuffle. It’s useless. If I wanted random suggestions I would listen to the countless curated playlists Spotify made for me. My liked songs are there for a reason. It’s irritating as well when you want to turn off shuffle, it does change the normal order of your liked songs list. 
Please remove it or at give the option of turning it off.

Prague

Waggin' hello to you 25784023!

You should be able to turn it off with a premium account, just double tap the shuffle button to turn off smart shuffle. 
Let me know if you are still running into issues dood.

Don't leave me in the doghouse, keep me informed!

-Prague the Dog

I do have premium, but when I decide to stop listening in shuffle mode and turn it off,  it changes what the queue should be like. It doesn’t follow the order the songs are usually in. When I turn it off, no matter what, the queue I get is showing the same songs, it doesn’t follow the normal order of my songs list.

S_muskwa

I, myself hate the smart shuffle feature. I am a simple gal and I was happy with having shuffle and playing the next in order. I have noticed that my playlist is moved around with smart shuffle. I’ve been with Spotify since 2018. That’s 5 years of loyalty from me. I was briefly with Apple Music and still subscribed to Spotify. I moved back my music to Spotify because of the local and small artists. I’m might start debating on having Apple Music again. 

S_muskwa

Do we know if Spotify will remove the smart shuffle feature?

Sloughguy

Please forcing us to have this on is so dumb I never use it and most of the time I just wanna reshuffle 

MikaelMaeqia

I agree!

MikaelMaeqia

Hello, 

I'm using spotify for 8 years now and for the first time I consider changing it to other music app. Everything thanks to this "magnificent" option called smart shuffle... 

None of the pervious updates was that invasive as this one. None of them forced me to change the way I use the app like this one. 

Spotify, please let me remove this option from my app completely and allow to use enhance!