Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] View & Shuffle all Tracks in Playlist Folders

The latest spotify for android update, as well as the newest iOS update, removed the "shuffle all" option for multiple playlists within a folder. I used this feature every day and it's my favorite spotify feature. Please bring it back!

Updated on 2019-09-17

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Logical1

why the **bleep** would you TAKE OUT a feature people are obviously using? 

annikaamethyst

Not having this feature on my Android makes using Spotify useless in my car. Since I have all my music organized by genre, how am I suppose to shuffle between them? It doesn't matter if it's still available on desktop since I'm hardly on my compuer. Please bring this back! I love Spotify and I don't want to be forced to try another service.

davidmov

This is the most idiotic change that I've ever saw. I just can't deal with this, now is been disable in iOS too, I've made a post for the same reason of my own but I think that they just kill this app with this decision.

chrisguy13

Typical Spotify.  Update = downgrade. Guess I'll grab an old apk and ignore updates for a while.

steve_groth

Anyone know how you can go back to an old version on IOS? i need to get back onto a previous version until Spotify can sort this mess. 

fretter778

An absolutely ludicrous decision. It was a feature I used pretty much daily, and the reason for its remove seems to be entirely arbitrary

BuddyO

This was a REALLY horrible idea. Someone should be fired.

MikeSliker99

It's nonsense that your solution to the missing feature (one that worked fine but you decided to remove) is to add all the songs from a playlist folder into one playlist and shuffle that.

News flash, I have a playlist folder that I essentially used as one playlist because you only allow about 10,000 songs in one playlist. So I have multiple playlists in that one folder and would shuffle all the songs from the folder to listen to the 2-3 playlists in the folder as one large playlist. Now I can't do that because this useful feature was removed for no good explained reason.

So no, I cannot simply add all the songs from that playlist folder into one playlist and shuffle that, because your song limits on playlist will not allow me to.. That idea doesn't solve the problem, the problem that only exists because of the removed feature.

Severely disappointed with this and unless it's brought back soon, I might explore other services. I don't pay for Premium for fun, I pay for it's usefulness on mobile. You've now removed one of the most useful features from mobile, so I'll debate on removing myself from Premium.

PS When I contacted a help agent last night, they informed me it was a bug/glitch that was being looked into which calmed my nerves a bit. After some research this morning and finding out it was purposefully removed and it is not some sort of accidental missing feature, I'm very upset and rather livid with your decision.

xzozo

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOTIFY YOU DRIVE ME INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You make it SOOOOOO !@#$%^^&&*^%!(!@ dificult for the user to listen to music the way the LISTENER wants to listen!

I cant listen to the music I save via tags (675 votes so far, not including other similar submisions): https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Tag-Music/idi-p/57185

I can't listen to the music I save via Genre (1730 votes so far, not including other similar submissions): https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Organize-quot-YOUR-MUSIC-quot-by-GENRE/idc-p/1599158#M10...

But just very recently I discovered that if I make similar playlists, put them in a folder, I can "Shuffle All". I was mildly happy about that feature as it allowed me to listen to all of my Rock playlists or Folk Playlists all at once.

And within weeks of discovering this feature YOU WENT AND !#$%^&*$@!@#$%^ REMOVED IT!!!!!!

What is wrong. I don't give two craps that it's still available on the desktop. I dont carry my desktop with me when I'm on the go. WH? WHY? WHY? What is your rationale? Really?

I love the catalog off music on Spotify. I love that it's not Google or Apple music. But it honestly seems like you have a mandate to make sure people only listen to music the way you want them to listen to music.

Bring back this feature.

Implement Tags or Genres for music you have saved.

Thank you in advance.

RS

wwmartij

Yep here to now since the last IOS update yesterday.

This has to be brought back, what a disaster!

What on earth mad Spotify do this????

BRING IT BACK!!!!