Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Voice Control

Think it would be a great help to introduce a voice control for the app version.

Doesn't really need to be anything too extravagant just commands like 'Skip Track' or 'Pause/Play' etc.

Would be really useful on car journey's for instance!

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks

Comments
Petdow-au

Maybe voice search also.

martinmine

This would also be nice on desktop (current W10 app) through Cortana so that I can for example control volume, skip songs, etc. while I am playing games.

ExaltedState

more specificly, intigration with common voice assistants à la Siri, Cortana (for PC's at least :), and whatever Android has.

kskid19

+1 needs voice search first though. Moderators have tried to combine several other voice search ideas into this one but I don't see it in the description here.

TrumanHale

Yes! including "add to playlist" 

jeroen247

So this good idea was in 2014. We're almost 4 years later now. What's the status?

Goober79

At some point, I swear there used to be at least a voice command option for searching. Now that it's gone, it is such a disadvantage when driving in the car and wanting to quickly pull up a song, and safely. This is a drag to not least be able to search by voice. Please, please bring this back.

jannapelle

I just saw this... does this mean you've heard us ?? 
🙂 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/3995541/spotify-trials-driving-mode-with-voice-commands-and-bigger-b...

However PLEASE make voice control the main priority - larger buttons will only encourage people to keep their heads down. 

J

Chilldog47

This isn't so much a cool feature, its more an ethical safety feature. More people are apt to change their music on spotify than text, which is now a leading cause of fatalities on the road. If you add this feature, it should include more than just pause and play, but artist, album, and song queries. 

michaelwgunawan

That would make so much sense! Plus it good business for both parties haha