Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Custom Start & Ending Times for a Track

Hi.

I'm a big electronic music lover and there is only one feature i would like added to spotify. The option to choose a part of the track i would like to play and have the settings saved.

In the world of electronic music there is almost allways 2-3 minute build ups, and not many radio mixes of each track.

This can be a problem when having a party and a track lasts for 7 minutes with 3 of them is a buildup that not everyone would like to listen to.

It would be nice to have a feature like this that i can change on each track, just drag 2 buttons to a start and end point. and maybe have a 3-5 second fade on where i choose to set them.

Made a quick illustration on what i mean. Spotify proposition.jpg

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
sikelly

This small change would be a game changer in terms of usability for so many users out there. Would allow users to turn playlists into mixes. Playlists of electronic music (especially house music - which always has long, slow intros not representative of the rest of the song) for parties are currently a disaster in Spotify. It would give Spotify a competitive edge on rival platforms.

dt8478

Estimated timing?

NNDMT

Definitely agree with this. No idea why it wasn't implemented from the beginning. I mean iTunes has had it for as long as i can remember. It is a perfect option for long intro/outro electronic songs (which is a huuuuuge amount these days)

yourunreality

This feature is being used in some of the official playlists now, so it must just be a matter of time before us normal users have access.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wait had something to do with playtime stats and artist payout.

NNDMT
Yeah, i was thinking it might affect that sort of thing. Money is always an issue -.- Hopefully they find a way around it
mrmaichu

to me this is an essential feature for playlist plack back. some songs contain intros or outros which are either unapropiate for public or they simply break the flow of the playlist. this feature would fix that problem in a easy to handle way. +1

example? -> spotify:track:2f44DgdenOKJfuec40TwKd -> annoying 1 minute outro when in playlist or shuffle mode

Aejohansen

So for this idea! Spotify when wil it be released into our playlists and not just yours! Please respond with an update its been a long 2 years 🙂

DWBetts

I really need the ability to edit songs in a playlist as I use songs in my work as a dance teacher, choreographer and in performance. I am often not using the entirety of the song in a particular piece of dance choreography. Please add this capacity to Spotify. Thank you.

Carloes

How the heck is this still not in Spotify? Pick up the slack, Spotify!

Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-25

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.