Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Option to remove DJ from Your Library

I recently tried the new DJ feature and, afterwards, the DJ playlist icon appeared in my Library. I did not pin this feature. I also cannot remove said feature. Why does a one-time use turn into permanent residence?

DJ.jpg

Updated on 2023-07-30

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
OscarDC
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-06-07

Hello @MediumRareTofu,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. We've also edited the title of your idea so that other users can find it easier and vote for it.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Youdonotneedmyname

I should not have to vote for the removal of a feature that just triggered a psychotic episode when my phone addressed me by name when I was trying to listen to music. This is an accessibility issue 

bliss_abyss

There's no way this is a difficult option for them to add but they'd rather push something to choose our music rather than us USE the app to find it like it was once for...

Regardless, for those of you finding this like I did, I found a work around I think to hide it.  Drag the "DJ" deep inside of a playlist folder on desktop and you can try to forget about this sadness and remember how cool Spotify used to be

Blade1367

To delete DJ from your library just go to the Home tab, then filter to music at the top, and then on the DJ icon press the green check mark and it will remove it from your playlists

barnes

Adding a comment here in the hopes that the DJ function will be removed/have the option to be removed. Not keen on an AI DJ influence on my desktop streaming. Please listen to the people who are paying for this service and sort this out soon, Spotify team!

Csokker99

I can't echo it enough, make it removable.

Un1c0rn

Absolutely needs to be added, you have my vote. It’s incredibly annoying that you can’t remove it like other curated playlists. 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-07-30

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Travvvvvvvv

I would also like to remove DJ from my profile. 

jacsmomo

Please remove the DJ from my playlists. I do not enjoy the feature and I do not want it amongst my list of playlists. The fact I pay for this service and you are not listening to the community is appalling. Please make it removable.