Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Toggle on/off the dynamic background color of the lyrics feature.

Hi,

It’s a bit sad to see the similar ideas have been closed. But it shows that other folks have the same feeling as me. We all enjoyed the lyrics function. However, some of the background colors are too bright to watch.

I was hoping that there is a toggle to turn on/off the dynamic color. And, when turning it off, I can choose a color I like as the fixed background color.

Thank you!

Updated on 2022-03-21

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tum2X

I hate to sound like a broken record, but that ain't the only background color.  The album art is what determines it.  If you want you can just lower the contrast/brightness of your device.

tardisdoctor1991

then stop dude, it seems hard for you to understand all we want is "Toggle on/off the dynamic background color" why do we have to lower our contrast/brightness where Spotify can easily put the ON/OFF toggle?! we want options you maybe love it, good for you, but most of us here do not like it.

again, we could have options where both of us could be more happy and enjoy using Spotify a little bit more with the simple ON/OFF toggle, but NOOOOO, you don't want change at all, you love the way it is, your opinion is the one that matter, none of us here is capable enough to voicing our displeasure, to give some ideas for Spotify team, we all have bad taste, bland and wrong about this particular idea. you are the truth, the gospel, and we all should listen to you and trust your judgement. 

tum2X

And why do you have to think I am God?!  I greatly acknowledge I am an imperfect human being.

In the first place I never thought the background color of the lyrics will hurt the eyes of some of you since it doesn't flash like strobe lights anyway.  But look, if you want Spotify to have an on/off switch for that because you feel you truly are experiencing vision problems, I 100% understand and accept it.  I'm not being a dictator, and I'm giving you every right to express your opinions and any discomforts you may have, as well as stuff on how to improve this platform.  What I just hate is your impatience with Spotify for still not yet bringing this idea to life.  When I said that you will lower the contrast and brightness of your device, that's just something you can do in the meantime while there isn't yet an on/off switch for the lyric background color.

marti6553

let us change these colors, it is a joke that you have not done anything about it for so long....

raniagus

I'd like to say that the suggestion of lowering the brightness is VERY st*p*d: I've always used a very low brightness in my devices to and the background color still hurts my eyes. Also, that suggestion doesn't take into consideration that multitasking EXISTS: Spotify isn't the only task running in my computer, so it is definitely not a solution, and I'm sorry for not being friendly with this comment, but being salty about people still waiting for this feature after almost THREE YEARS of being posted deserves an equally salty reaction.

What's the update on this? This was started in 2021, it's now 2024.

nianyi-wang

For Christ's sake somebody get this done.

OrpheusIsAwesome

It has been 2 years since your "update" and still haven't heard anything.