Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Queue] Playlist from current Queue

I like the new queue- it would be cool if you could take what's in it and save it as a playlist. I've got a pretty awesome queue lined up and i'd like to capture it! 

Updated on 2020-09-16

Hi everyone.

We love this idea, and it's on our radar. But we don't have plans to implement this very soon.

Please keep adding your Likes so we can get a good indication of how popular this idea is.

Thank you.

Comments
TonySnark

We need this feature more than ever because now y'all updated the desktop app UI and for whatever reason, made the queue no longer display more than 50 songs and because of this, we can no longer select all the tracks and save them to a playlist.

This is is a BIG issue for those of us who add many songs to our queue because Spotify often randomly loses the entire queue, as noted in this thread, where incidentally, the only workaround solution provided by a Spotify moderator was to save the songs from our queue into a playlist for safe keeping... which, again, we can no longer do because we can't see the entire queue to select all the songs. 

Gurraa

Add swipe to queue songs for android

Pijiu

This would be really handy and seems like a strange missing gap in the otherwise pretty good handling of playlists.

A few people have suggested the workaround of hitting ctrl-a to select everything in the queue and add it to a playlist, but unfortunately that doesn't work in the web player (nor, presumably the mobile apps).

Ryrynz

Spotify to any half decent idea..
Not right now.

Davis00

Hi there! 

I am an absolute music junky and have issues when it comes to queuing the songs I want to hear. I eventually build up hundreds of hours of music in my queue and sometimes it randomly will be cleared. I have already half-solved the issue by just adding the songs to a playlist to listen to later and have over 1000 hours on 2 different playlists to listen to eventually. However I still end up adding songs to my queue instead of the playlists because it's a lot easier.

Overall what I'm proposing is the ability to go to me queue and instead of just the two options of removing or re-adding to the queue, I would instead suggest replacing the "ADD TO QUEUE" option to an "ADD TO PLAYLIST" button.

I know many of my music crazy friends tell me they have this same struggle

Ethereal666

I think it would be nice to add that.
It could be a button somewhere easily accessible (perhaps near the Clear play queue button), adding all the songs you have in your queue to a list that you can then edit. And don't take into account the songs that appear in "Next songs from:".

TPrice

5 years later still no option for this....

cmr38

How is this "not right now"? It doesn't seem that hard...?! YouTube Music does this and it's super convenient. It's really annoying that Spotify doesn't allow this, especially on mobile or web app because instead you have to add songs one by one to a playlist from your queue. Huge pain.

Nmg96

I also need this feature and dear Spotify-team, why do you not intend to incorporate that feature anytime soon? It shouldn't be that complicated to have a button called 'save waitlist/queue as playlist'. It would be amazing. 

Thanks

M4rkON

Is there a way to save a shuffled queue from playlist before starting a new queue from different playlist?

What I mean to say is that when you start a playlist with having a shuffle turned on, it makes a queue with songs. You are in the middle of your queue but suddenly you want to change a playlist for a while. But when you change a playlist it makes a new queue and deletes the shuffled queue from previsous playlist, so I have to start a new shuffled queue from that playlist and listen to the songs all over again.

Is there a feature on Spotify, that can save these shuffled queues from specific playlist so I can continue the queue at any time?

If there isn't, I think it would be a great thing to add something like this, because my friends also shares the same opinion.

But if that feature already exists, please let me know, I would be very happy!