Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Return expanded queue view (not only sidebar) for desktop as it was before and now on web

As mentioned in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Cannot-expand-queue-section-on-Mac-desktop-application/... it would be great to return old and pretty standard view for queue (aka playing now). As having it very limited on sidebar is against existing UX

Screenshots for reference:

MasOS:

Eternal__0-1709552573340.png

Web version (preferred version):

Eternal__1-1709552590975.png

Comments
Instrumedley

I used to have an idea how long of play time I had in my upcoming queue , so lets say Im having a board game night with friends I could see "oh thats enough, I have 2 hours of upcoming music before I have to add new songs to it"

Now I don't have that option thanks to the ridiculously bad  new interface that sends my queue to the side and it doesn't show me each song duration.

It's almost like the team is intentionally making things bad to **bleep** their users off, because this thread shows it clearly that WE DON'T LIKE IT , but they don't do jack about it or recognize their bad moves and be humble enough to roll it back

Time to move to youtube premium 🙂

leesar

Good glob Spotify, what a terribly non intuitive "upgrade" to a very useful feature. Please return it to how it was, or improve what is now available. 

cabhan

This is yet another terrible UI/UX change, following the trend of playing view in completely overtaking the sidebar which i use to see what my friends are playing at any given time. it's just finnicky, annoying and a complete downgrade on an already imperfect system that preceded it

ArykDriver

Why. Why do you do these things to us spotify? its PC... not mobile.

jcohen42

The longer Spotify goes without fixing this, more people are going to realize that Spotify is no longer serving the average music listener and switch to a different provider. I have cancelled my Premium subscription and I cited this specific thread as a reason.

coleseagroves

This is an objective downgrade for classical listeners, where titles are long. Notice how in the example below I can't distinguish between the movements; this is with a fully expanded sidebar. Spotify has always been bad in this regard, and this is yet another hit.

coleseagroves_0-1713308287657.png

kornfan2007

I have stopped looking at the app since this change. I used to leave it open on my second screen, but since this change, there isn't enough information that is easily readable for me to bother. The only thing I ever do with the app is check if there is a new update, then minimise it again. The change is so bad that I still can't think of a reason for it. The most useful section is the middle, and yet you now can't put anything useful there. 

tvsalomon

UGH! I HATE THIS! IT SUCKS! BRING BACK THE FULL QUEUE! STOP WASTING ALL THIS SPACE! WILL RE-EVALUATE SPOTIFY SUBSCRIPTION SOON!

Matteroftaste

Spotify has to repair this, the queue view on mobile has already been awful, and now they even copied it to the desktop app without any particular reason and made it nearly useless. The people at spotify who make those decisions are probably not using spotify themselves, how on earth would they not notice this.

oddindeed

do you guys really thinks Spotify cares about the user experience? cause they sure don't! it's been so obvious for years