Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Search] Search by BPM (Beats per Minute)

Hi All,

As someone who loves punishing my body by going for long runs,  a good playlist to keep me company is essential!

Picking out and discovering which 'choons' are going to speed me up and push me further can be tricky.

One trick used by many runners is to search out and find songs which all have a similar number of beats per minute so they can place them in order and then use the beat of the song to run to.

As such, it would be awesome to be able to search Spotify for songs which have specific ranges of BPM and then pick the cool [subjective] ones for inclusion in your playlists.

Cheers!

Updated on 2018-08-23

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for Search by BPM right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea.

We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Comments
Mbonello317

Reaaally want this feature. When I’m in a mood, I wanna stay in the same rhythm by choosing songs with same bpm. Or create radio station based on same bpm.  

RedLeader5

Agreed, we really need a BPM column in Spotify.

levosu

I really do not understand what SPOTİFY is waiting for, there are so many different ways the BPM of the songs will be useful to users.  

heremeee
Possibly they don’t want the legal issues if DJs use their software to
perform live sets? I imagine the Spotify license doesn’t allow broadcasting?

RedLeader5

That's a good point but i'm sure there is a way to make it happen.  Wouldn't DJ fall into the commercial user category?

rachzaa

Hi, Spotify had this/similar feature years ago that let you put or make your own playlists with songs you like and set it to whatever bpm you wanted when exercising. It was an awesome feature that definitely needs to be brought back please! 

Rim4

http://organizeyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com/ is nice for organizing a bpm/energy playlist. 

thrainn

This would be very useful for music producers when looking for reference tracks.

Simple example would be :   bpm:130

Better even would be with range:   bpm:110-115

zenpop

Yes. Yes. Yes. And -- yes!

Jennalynnlewins

I teach yoga. I would love to have a BPM feature - right now I’m googling BPM for every song that I add to my yoga music playlists & it takes forever to manually search / trying to remember the BPM of songs. A column that indicates the bpm would be great to help create the flow  for each playlist.