Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Allow custom iOS widget color scheme

Thanks for implementing a widget for the app for iOS14. However, the lack of the ability to set a static color scheme is frustrating. 

The widget automatically changes color based on playlist/artist image, but doesn't seem to adjust to black/white. 

Many users have spent a large amount of time setting up custom icon sets and themes that this widget clashes with. I have a black/white setup on mine, for example, and the bright green widget just doesn't work. 

Would be as simple as adding a menu in settings for widgets and allowing choice between color schemes. Should be fairly easy from a coding perspective. 

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Xenia
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-10-21

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We’ve gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Others can now vote on it and add to the conversation to show their support.

You can check out this related idea, if you'd like to vote for customizable Spotify layouts and skins too.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jacob
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-20

Your suggestion has at least 180 votes in 6 months! Keep gathering votes. If this idea gets enough votes, Spotify will check it out and post a status update. You can read more about the idea process here.

TLMVDW

So i found a way to make it fit in to the color scheme of the site by just removing the color all together.

Would love to have control over the color of the widget though.

Just add the following line to your styling:

-webkit-filtergrayscale(100%);
Mihail
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

bethanyasquino

we need this now more than ever 😭

ArieannaAlexusAndino

I’m trying to vote. I don’t see number of votes increase by 1 when I click “vote”. I am on IOS and I logged in with my Spotify account to vote. So I’ll just make a comment. 

I have put time and so much effort into my IOS layout for my home screens/Lock Screen. My theme color is pink. My phone is pink, my phone case is pink. My app icons are uniquely pink. I’m using your amazing widget, however I use Spotifys exclusive “Liked playlist” for all my music. The widget then shows its blue liked cover on my Home Screen. It really ruins my design. Please Spotify, contact apple with your codes to be able to have customizable colors for the Liked playlist! Were users just using your more convenient “quick add song” to a playlist option. 

Thank you so much for already taking this idea seriously. I look forward to the day it becomes a viable feature for those with desires of creativity, and self expression with your music streaming service. I pay monthly for the past 8+ of my life. Let’s go, you can do it! 🌸💞😎