Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android Automotive][Radio] Offline Mode

Isn't it annoying when you are driving around in your new car, playing music from Spotify and it suddenly just stops? You are might driving over mountain roads with no internet connection and no radio connection and you are forced to listen to the awkward silence, knowing that you will not get internet connection in at least an hour.

My question is then why doesn't Spotify in Android Automotive (in cars like Polestar 2) have an offline function, just like on the android and iOS phones? I would suggest an idea of implementing offline mode to be able to download music playlists so you don't need to listen to the awkward silence when you have no internet connection to listen to your music. I hope I'm not the only one thinking about this, and I hope there can be a solution for the problem.

Updated on 2021-08-31

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback. We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen, so we're looking into it further.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Comments
Soppel

Due to some areas with bad 4G connection in Norway, downloading of music makes sense. 

norwe

In a car you don't always have 4G connection so this would be awesome 🙂

Ryrynz

You can completely download a playlist for offline playback though? Why don't you just do that?

Steini984

I can't see where I can download my playlists on the app through Android Automotive on the Polestar 2, so I don't know what you are talking about, if so I would like to see how.

Ryrynz

Well in the Android app I simply hold my finger down on the playlist I want and then you get five options with the second one being Download. Once I've set it to download it remembers it so, for example my release radar downloads every song to my phone every week when the playlist updates. 

Steini984

The app on the phone and the app in the car is two different apps, I'm talking about Android Automotive, not Android or Android Auto which is two different things. I gave it a try as you said, but it doesn't work on Android Automotive.

Mario
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-10-19

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting this to the Idea Exchange!

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Ryrynz

Steini984, I see. I've voted on this now.

EKI1968

That would be nice. Voted. 

Emirog2010

Agree, this would be nice.