Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
tkintali
Oh sweet - Hopefully Spotify will pull through soon then!
przyb

C'mon Spotify! Don't fail me!

Slusse

Having 2 HomePods (one upstairs, and the other downstairs) and listening to Spotify on my MacBook is currently a small nightmare as I need to first connect my Spotify Mac App to my iPhone, and then from my iPhone to the HomePods.

I would like to request that the Spotify Mac App would natively support AirPlay and Bluetooth devices as it does on the iPhone/Mobile App. It would make it easier to have both HomePods as output devices, and I wouldn't have to link the music via my iPhone to do so. 

It is possible to connect to one HomePod via macOS sound settings (output > HomePod) but it only allows me to connect to one HomePod and not both. 

I can't say if this is a limitation of macOS (Catalina) or simply not supported in the current version of Spotify (1.1.44.538.g8057de92).

lorenzo1

FYI, Apple just released this talk today covering the HomePod integration using SiriKit:

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/tech-talks/10854 

bmm

Come on, Spotify. We all know you're suing Apple, but ... this is really important to A LOT of people. Make it happen quickly!!

bentheone

Please everybody upvote Lorenzo1‘s comment. So the Spotify devs know what to do. 

petr001

Be ready for HomePod Mini 😉

Mario
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2020-10-25

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community!

Keep in mind that something similar has already been suggested here:

We'd recommend heading over to this Idea to add your +VOTE and feedback there and show your support.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Cheers!

lorenzo1

Heck Spotify, let me at your code base and I’ll implement it myself for lifetime premium 

Fxnni

Please Spotify, we all want a Spotify support on HomePod !