Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
MRKSB

Spotify is just waiting for Apple to introduce a green coloured Homepod mini, nothing will happen before that, because they only care about themselves and their looks.

homepod mini colors.jpeg

JaimieWake

Come on Spotify! It's time to give customers this functionality or else it's certainly time for me to go, and I'm sure others. It's almost been 500 days since Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod

dvford2

I am very confused. It’s almost like Spotify is waiting for us to get frustrated enough to cancel and go with Apple Music so we can use the Home Pod Mini… makes no sense as a business plan. 

tryingtothink
It's the only business plan I have ever come across that appears designed
to benefit a competitor. These are clever people so they must see a benefit
to themselves somewhere. It certainly appears to be all about themselves
rather than customers. I really am not getting the logic behind withholding
something Spotify requested.
user_xyz

Can’t believe this is still not implemented 🙃 Wake up Spotify! 😅

ikvasnica

Any update on this? 

I returned to Spotify Premium last month to find out the feature, which had been announced by Apple over a year ago, is not implemented. And HomePod support is poor in general.

It makes me consider to switch back to Apple Music.

viettpp

Left Spotify, this was a dealbreaker for me - Nothing happened and they don't care about the consumer - waited for a year, but nothing happened. I got 6 months free subscription with my AirPods, so it was time to leave. It's Time to Play Fair Spotify, you can't complain about not being on the HomePod, and then when they let you in you don't even bother to support it.

tryingtothink
And I just earned a 'Registered for one year badge' c/o this utter fiasco.
I keep trying to find new words to express my feelings about the contempt
shown by this firm. Not just to us but I gather they pay artists less than
Apple. And they are not up to speed with sound quality. I gather the Apple
interface is not so good but maybe Apple will wake up to that.
Bega2901

What kind of company gives no feedback or timeline to the most requested feature on their forum? I’m trialing Apple Music until December and will cancel my family premium account if nothing is done by then.

Squuiid

This is absolutely pathetic Spotify.

When is HomePod support going to be implemented?!

Deezer have had this functionality in place for 6 whole months now.

How is it that Spotify, who have greater resources and a much larger demand for this, are not able to implement?