Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
0xVi

Very disappointed this is not implemented yet :’(

Maleis

I can’t believe this is still not intemplated!!! Why do you take literally months to get the HomePod connected!!!

Kragothius

I have just activated a 3 Months Apple Music Account for Free. So Spotify has @max 3 Months left before I will review this. I will not pay for two Services including Family...

Please Spotify; Response...when will there be an Integration?

Diz-X

@kragothius, I did exactly the same. Tired of the childish behaviour of these big companies. I have been paying for spotify for over 10 years now. I would have appreciated a good user experience with good integration with apple ecosystem, as apple is opening up their API's for third-party. 

Another thing I really hate is that they are trying to push lying main stream news podcasts (MSM) down my throat, and I haven't found a way to disable this out of my recommendations. I am tired of the lying and political tribalism, like p*rn* keep your politics for yourself. 

ryan_rr

Funny enough that I talked with Apple and Spotify on this issue since I recently bought the HomePod Mini. From Apple, they provided the instruction of using AirPlay to play Spotify music but they informed me that Spotify does not support the device pairing at the moment. Then, I talked with Spotify in regards to this pairing concern (Siri can not play music from my Spotify directly via voice control"), and the personnel from Spotify responded, "So you are talking about functions of Siri?"  Sounds like this should be addressed by Apple? I DO NOT GET IT. 

tryingtothink
Spotify operatives have become canny about deflecting responsibility. It is
Spotify here that is the problem. The operatives know it. Pandora and
Deezer can do it.
MRKSB

Maybe it's just a question of Spotify wanting money from Apple to enable a "spotify connect" like function with Siri.

B&O used to have Spotify connect in their devices, but suddenly removed them on their Gen 3 Beoplay A9 series and onwards. Bang & Olufsen reply to Spotify Connect was: "Rather than committing customers to a specific technology, we focus on integrating the operation of external devices; this allows customers to upgrade to new technologies while still enjoying the fantastic sound and picture quality of our all of our products"

Seems others brands have issues playing with Spotify, as well as Apple has with their Homepod's...

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 16.48.26.png

tryingtothink
That's very interesting. Pity Spotify doesn't deem us worthy of an
explanation.
Philharmoni

Apple allows this to work. Spotify doesn‘t care. That is the problem.
Ignoring this feature request further on will bring me to cancel my Spotify subscription and changing to Apple Music.
For me there has never been a reason to do so, but now there is.

Guz1

Bye bye Spotify 😕 

hello Apple Music