Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
rtepLouk

Disappointing.. Switching to Apple Music Family plan.

jakube

It's very disappointing to see that this feature is very much requested by the users and at Spotify they don't seem to care at all.

Ante042

Seriously Spotify? Bring HomePod support and Lossless audio, or give us an explanation why you haven’t done that already

btz1

Shame!

MRKSB

MRKSB_0-1669890870564.png

I'm tired of CEO's whining when things don't play fair to their benefits, but keep us users as hostage. 
https://twitter.com/eldsjal/status/1597936808838320128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ct...

LucaAmerio
SoriaX

When are we getting HomePod support? It’s been years now. Spotify has always jumped on implementing support for all platforms. What’s going on here? Pandora worked shortly after. Please add this, I bought HomePods because I thought I wouldn’t have to wait much longer.

7siwzoy-ms_gg

Should we as consumers report Spotify to the EU commision?

btz1

Any news?

tryingtothink
No news that I am aware of. I sent the below to Stereophile. I have removed
the link to this page that I included in case it prevents this being
posted.

I noted your article about Spotify this month.

Are you aware of this?

There may be an article in it. But I have to say that I have contacted
various journalists and magazines over the years to no response. This
includes Stereophile so unless it got into letters and I did not notice
again it appears it was of no interest. I recall the Sterophile review of
the HomePod (unless age is fooling me) so this surprised me.

Since Spotify pushed for access, and then Apple made it available, I
myself expected this would happen. I imagine I was not alone.
I bought HomePods for a stereo array.

I have moved to Apple but the grown u children remain with Spotify.